Planning & Protective Services – Regional Housing
Regular Full time
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$34.02 to $38.61 per hour (2021 rates)
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on January 4, 2021 however, this position will remain open until filled
This position provides administrative and financial accounting support to Development Services group. This position prepares correspondence, contracts and reports, provides project coordination, financial monitoring and accounts payable support, contract administration and program administration while liaising with internal and external stakeholders. This position works collaboratively within the Regional Housing Division and the CRD and coordinates with other areas as required.
This position requires an acceptable criminal record check. The applicant/incumbent will be required to undergo a criminal record check in order to work in this position and to report to their supervisor if any criminal charges are laid against them that may be related to their employment in this position
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares correspondence, contracts, and reports. Collects, analyses and prepares research related to development and construction initiatives.
- Ensures corporate contract procurement, execution, storage and payment processes are followed.
- Coordinates bonding, WorkSafeBC and insurance requirements throughout contract or standing agreement duration.
- Verifies and obtains approval for all invoices, tender recommendation and contracts.
- Prepares budget reports to track, monitor and document project costs and project details.
- Works closely with the CRD finance officer in all aspects of financial administration including establishing and maintaining financial administration and accounting systems for Development Services
- Coordinates with the Manager and CRD legal advisor in the drafting of funding and contractual documentation.
- Monitors projects to ensure the requisite terms of the contracts and agreements are adhered to, specifically as they relate to reporting, submission for expense reimbursement and mitigation of overall risk.
- Assist with the preparation of funding applications to different government bodies
- Schedules meetings, confirms attendance, prepares agendas and required materials and obtains equipment if needed.
- Prepares agendas, reports, background documentation, including in-camera material and ensures timely distribution of materials to support any committees, commissions or working groups associated with the service area.
- Coordinates production of reports related to service area functions.
- Reserves room, confirms attendance, arranges for equipment/refreshments, attends committee, commission and other working group meetings, records, prepares and posts minutes.
- Assist with preparing public consultation events by setting up event locations and delivering flyers in the community
- Maintains accurate records and tracking process of construction projects, project budgets and claims.
- Assists in annual budget preparation and monitors Development Services budget.
- Supports Development Services managers in the development of annual updates and work plans.
- Maintains complex filing systems specific to construction projects and planning initiatives.
- Provides administration for the evaluation of proposals and due diligence review throughout procurement process.
- Maintains and updates CRHC standardized specifications as new projects are designed and built
- Coordinates mail and other general office duties.
- Prepares and tracks CRD staff time and project expenses to facilitate program reporting.
- Develops and designs documents including training manuals, process outlines, flowcharts and implementation procedures
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Diploma such as business administration, real estate administration and 5 years’ related experience or a certificate and 6 years’ related experience.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Advanced proficiency and experience with word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel), presentation (MS PowerPoint), Outlook and Adobe Acrobat and databases such as SAP.
- Experience with project coordination with a focus on development and construction projects
- Accounting experience related to office management and construction projects
- Knowledge of construction projects terminology and payment processes including rules, regulations and rebates
- Knowledge of building, technical, and planning terminology plus the detail and terminology related to consultant contracts.
- Ability to scrutinize and analyze financial and technical data.
- Ability to set up complex correspondence, reports, tables, spreadsheets.
- Strong skills in Business English, punctuation, spelling and grammar
- Ability to compose administrative correspondence and proofread technical reports
- Organize a high volume workload under constant deadlines in an ever-changing environment.
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interes t and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source