This is a Contract Manager opportunity in BC. with the largest power distribution organization in British Columbia and been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
This is a full time, one-year contract located in Burnaby, BC. We are looking for a Contract Manager in the Project Delivery team to support a variety of major equipment projects, primarily on the post award contract side with occasional pre-award contract work. The Contract Manager must have experience in Contract management experience on the post award contract side.
Contract Manager Responsibilities:
• A minimum nine (9) years of contract management work experience.
• Perform contract management activities by applying expert knowledge of contract management practices while working effectively with cross-functional teams.
• Contract management experience is required
• Post award contract management experience is required
• Pre-award contract management experience is an asset
• Experience with major equipment contracts is preferred
• Ensure suppliers fulfill their contractual obligations by monitoring contract performance, identifying issues, taking timely action to resolve issues, and communicating with stakeholders to minimize risk and maximize supplier performance.
• Establish and maintain a meaningful relationship between suppliers, stakeholders, supply chain organization through activities such as timely communication, resolution of issues, and relevant reporting enabling the successful implementation of sourcing initiatives.
• Forecast, monitor, and report on contract usage to ensure contract and finance control policies and budget requirements are met.
• Provide guidance and advice to client groups in the sourcing, procurement, and management of goods and services contracts using excellent knowledge of public sector procurement law, and the application of supply chain concepts.
Contract Manager Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, Economics, or related discipline, or equivalent
• Certificate in Project Management, Supply Chain Management or equivalent, an asset
• Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
• The Contract Manager will be involved in both Generation and Transmission capital projects and will work closely with internal and external stakeholders in the management of major equipment supply and supply and install contracts to mitigate risk, manage contract performance, and optimize costs.
• The Contract Manager will provide post award and pre award contract management services including but not limited to;
• Work closely with Supply Chain and execute early involvement activities during pre-award, such as the review of supply chain strategies, contracting plans, scopes of work, specifications, draft RFP/RFT documents and the final contract document. Identify areas of improvement that enhance vendor performance, under the contract.
• Perform day to day contract management activities including, but not limited to, chairing progress meetings, monitoring contract schedules, managing contract scope, expediting, managing contract changes, managing claims and disputes, accrual reporting, validation of payment requests, tracking of contract submittals and other deliverables, contract interpretation and close-out.
• Collaborate with project teams to ensure contract performance meets the needs of the project.
• Monitor, analyze and provide reporting, to the project stakeholders, around the performance (financial and otherwise) of the contract.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to assist in the design and implementation of innovative strategies to improve internal processes, and to enhance vendor management while optimizing contract spend.
• Key success factors for the role include the ability to work with and influence others (both internal and external stakeholders), the ability to understand and optimize detailed contract terms and conditions and the ability to implement continuous improvements to streamline processes.
• Create, manage, change and close work packages in the PPM model as a Work Package Manager.
• Occasional travel to remote sites will be required.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity in BC. Please forward your resume via email to Dora Pang, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (236) 334- 4381.
View Original Source Source