Location: Langford, BC
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,400 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together.
Are you a detailed oriented individual with an excellent ability to problem solve? Are you a fair individual who builds strong partnerships that bring positive end-results? Do you hold yourself and your teams accountable to ensure every job is done right and on time?
We want to hear from you!
As our Construction Supervisor, you will oversee contractor crews to ensure mains and services work are completed to FortisBC’s expectations. You will support our project managers on the construction of sustainment and growth projects.
In this role, you will:
- Assess contractor work performance, including quality, safety, and workload management while taking corrective actions as necessary
- Participate in meetings with contractors to provide feedback and problem solve issues Lead investigations on contractor crew incidents
- Review and approve invoices
- Participate in constructability and estimate reviews
- Develop subject matter expert knowledge in one or more areas of field construction and utilize that knowledge to support the PMO team (I.E. PE fusion, welding, confined space, directional drilling, GWFM etc.)
In year 1, you will:
- Learn FortisBC’s expectations for contractor construction
- Shadow experienced Construction Supervisors and participate in field oversite and invoice approval for contractor crews
- Participates in PMO Safety and Training days Participates in Construction Supervisor training
In year 2, you will:
- Continue contractor oversite and contract administration
- Identify areas of expertise and work towards obtaining specialized training Identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and contract
- Support a sustainment/growth project Handle contractor incident investigations
- Represent FortisBC at contractor safety meetings
- Coordinate inter-departmental communications and promote best practices
What it takes:
- Excellent knowledge in one or more areas of field construction Technologist diploma in a construction-related field
- Excellent team player with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Solid construction experience in a leadership capacity or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience, preferably in a utility
To view the detailed job description, click here.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
The safety of our customers and FortisBC family members is our number one priority. Depending on the responsibilities of the job, some employees continue to report to the office while others work remotely. To ensure the safety of our employees on our job sites, there is strict adherence to our worksite safety plans and social distancing practices. As an essential service provider, we’ll continue to follow the government COVID-19 guidelines and adjust our plans as necessary. As we welcome new employees, our commitment to safety remains for all of our FortisBC family.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.
View Original Source Source