Construction Site Supervisor – Utilities
The Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK) is inviting applications for the leadership position of Construction Site Supervisor to oversee construction projects throughout the Regional District.
This position will have considerable contact with RDCK employees, contractors and the public. It is the Construction Site Supervisor’s responsibility to foster a workplace environment that is oriented to safety and cohesive team effort.
Reporting to the Water Operations Manager, the Construction Site Supervisor is directly responsible for the supervision for Construction Site Operators and on site contractors on utility construction sites throughout the Regional District. This position works to provide direction and leadership and to effectively liaise with regulatory bodies. Additionally, this position provides hands-on construction support for 19 water systems in the Regional District of Central Kootenay.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position. The successful candidate will earn an hourly rate of approximately $36-$39 per hour (depending on qualifications and experience), will be provided with a generous benefits package which includes three weeks vacation to start and enrollment in the Municipal Pension Plan. We have an anticipated start in early February.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Two years of Lead hand or Supervisory experience
- Three years’ experience in water works construction
- Equipment operating experience
- Two years’ experience working with regulatory bodies
- Demonstrated experience leading capital projects and managing and maintaining mid-large scale budgets
- Demonstrated experience working with contractors and other project stakeholders
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Water Distribution Level 1 (or willingness and ability to achieve level 1 within one year)
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 (OFA1)
- Preference will be given to applicants with Confined
- Space Entry Certificate, Trenching Safety Certificate and WHMIS training
- Current BC Driver’s License with satisfactory Drivers Abstract and Satisfactory Criminal Record
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS AND ABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Understanding of the statutory duties of a Building Official
- Working knowledge of water distribution skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, direct staff and managing ongoing performance
- Knowledge of relevant provincial and federal Acts, Regulations and Guidelines
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance practices for excavation equipment
- Demonstrated ability to manage contractual obligations and hold contractors accountable
- High level of tact and discretion when dealing with others, including with the public
- Ability to understand technical manuals and engineering drawings
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group environment as part of a team
Join us in the beautiful Central Kootenay Region!
This exciting opportunity could be based out of a number of our thriving communities — you can take your pick of any of the many lifestyle opportunities the Central Kootenay has to offer!
Grow with the RDCK Water Services:
The RDCK operates 20 independently funded water services, and 1 storm drainage system. In total, the RDCK operates a 136.2 km of water distribution network, 20 reservoirs, 9 wells, 6 pressure reducing stations, 15 surface water intake structures, 9 water treatment plants, and 5 chlorination stations and all in different stages of life. This is where you come in. The RDCK has created a capital works construction crew with its main focus being on water distribution lines needing replacements, but not limited to only water distribution, it may also include building repairs, equipment installs, reservoir repairs, and well repairs. The work will be throughout the large regional district giving this crew the opportunity to work in different areas every few months providing variety.
This type of role will require significant travel and stretches of time away from home in order to complete projects. This is a somewhat physical role, and most of the time will be spent outside, in varied weather conditions.
This posting, along with a detailed job description outlining the complete required qualifications and the variety of roles and responsibilities included in this role, can be found on our website at www.rdck.ca under Administration, Jobs & Employment Opportunities.
Applications submitted in the form of a resume and cover letter will be accepted by Human Resources until 8am on Thursday, January 7th, 2021.
Thank you for your interest in working with the Regional District of Central Kootenay. All submissions will be acknowledged although only those individuals shortlisted to participate in the interview/testing process will be contacted. This posting may be used to fill other similar positions within the RDCK over the next six months.
View Original Source Source