District of Kitimat
Construction Coordinator – Haisla Bridge Replacement Project
Exempt Staff, Term Position until March 2024
The District of Kitimat provides facilities and services that support a safe, connected, inclusive, healthy and dynamic community. We seek individuals who are collaborative, work with integrity and respect, and are innovative when it comes to the services we provide to our residents.
Located in Northwest BC, Kitimat is home to just over 8,000 people with a stable tax base and is experiencing growth from increased levels of industrial, residential, and commercial development.
We are surrounded by mountains, rivers, oceans and parks and our staff are able to enjoy a work- life balance with backyard access to many outdoor recreational activities such as biking, hiking, golf, skiing, boating and fishing. The Terrace-Kitimat Regional Airport is a 40-minute drive away with multiple daily direct flights to Vancouver and Prince George, perfect for a weekend getaway.
This is an exciting time to join the District, as we embark on the Haisla Bridge Replacement Project to construct a new bridge and decommission the existing bridge.
Under the direction of the Director of Engineering Services, this position will provide site supervision and construction administration services for the Haisla Bridge Replacement Project during construction, commissioning and handover stages.
- Provide technical and administration support to the Director of Engineering Services and Chief Project Officer
- Develop and implement a quality assurance program for all aspects of the work to the completion of the project and conduct quality audits on a monthly basis
- Provide field review services for the construction activities to assess general conformance with the contract, schedule and design
- Review contractors’ submittals, including Change Orders and/or supplemental agreements
- Ensure commercial documents are properly identified, recorded, communicated, resolved and closed in a timely manner
- Maintain records such as daily site reports, field observations and RFI’s
- Develop and issue daily construction progress reports and document site progress using digital photographs
- Monitor on-site safety compliance, cleanliness and orderliness
- Participate as a team member including attending and participating in all construction meetings and recording and distributing
- Liaison with inspection authorities regarding approvals
Recommended that applicants have at least 10 – 15 years of experience in the construction supervision and implementation of similar projects in British Columbia
A relevant degree (such as Engineering or Construction Management) an asset Proficient with MS Office Word, Project and Excel
Proficient with taking and uploading digital photographs and report writing
Ability to read and interpret construction documents including technical drawings (Structural, Civil, Electrical) and specifications
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently as well as prioritize tasks Strong attention to details
Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team Effective leadership qualifications and organizational skills
Project Management Profession (PMP) certification is an asset Class 5 BC Driver’s License
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, professional development opportunities, complimentary use of our recreation facilities, relocation assistance and a rental subsidy.
At the District of Kitimat, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we serve, establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all.
Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you on arranging an accommodation where possible that is suitable for your abilities.
To apply for this position, please submit a detailed resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 4:30 pm, March 12, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
View Original Source Source