Requisition ID: 19654
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Project Coordinator assists with the development and delivery of the Capital Maintenance Program by involvement in the planning, development, and implementation of projects related to a wide variety of existing civic buildings and parkades requiring structural audit, concrete restoration and traffic membrane replacement.
- Conducts building systems audits and validates projects related to structural, concrete restoration and traffic membrane replacement.
- Coordinates design review and construction work related to structural audit, concrete restoration and traffic membrane replacement projects.
- Liaises with contractors, consultants and clients to obtain desired results.
- Prepares project implementation schedules and budgets.
- Solicits and evaluates quotations, bids, or tenders.
- Reviews plans and working drawings at various stages for conformance to project guidelines and established standards.
- Performs periodic and final inspections of work for compliance with contract documents.
- Monitors, accessing and reporting construction progress.
- Reviews all invoices, change orders, and other payment claims for accuracy, investigate discrepancies, recommending approval or other actions to superior.
- Coordinates handover and commissioning activities.
- Completes project close-out reports.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Civil or Building Technology Diploma or equivalent specialization from an accredited Technical School related to the position.
- Several years’ related experience at a sub-professional level preparing designs, plans, cost estimates and specifications, and providing construction supervision on tenant improvement/ existing building projects or an equivalent combination of training and experience related to the position. Several years’ experience in project coordination or construction project management in tenant improvement/ existing building projects or an equivalent combination of training and experience related to the position.
- Additional technical courses and experience in the fields of building envelope technology (roof, window, wall systems replacement, traffic membranes, concrete restoration), HVAC and mechanical systems, or electrical systems would be advantageous.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of building construction methods, material and costs
- Thorough knowledge of Vancouver Building By-law, building/development permit process, Work Safe BC and Technical Safety BC governing the design, construction and repair of buildings.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of building design, and an appreciation of engineering practices.
- Working knowledge of building envelope technology, heating, ventilation, refrigeration and plumbing systems and equipment
- Ability to prepare technical drawings and specifications for work related to various building trades
- Ability to conduct general condition audits
- Ability to assist in the preparation of estimates for building projects
- Ability to read and analyze technical drawings and specifications
- Ability to prepare and administer basic consultant agreements and construction contracts
- Ability to write clear, concise and complete reports
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively and maintain cooperative working relationships with other civic departments, contractors and consulting engineers.
- MS Word, Excel, MS Project, and AutoCAD. Experience with SAP-purchasing module is preferable.
Required Licenses, Certificates and Registrations:
- Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia
*This position is currently part of an ongoing compensation review. The Collective Agreement provides the Union the opportunity to object to the outcome of a review. In this case the Union has reserved its right until the review has been concluded.
Business Unit/Department: Real Estate & Facilities Mgmt (1100)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: August 1, 2020
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-025: $37.97 to $44.83 per hour
Application Close: June 7, 2020
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source