Communications, Media and Events Coordinator
Cultus Lake Park, “the Gem in the Valley” is located approximately one hour east of Vancouver, just south of the City of Chilliwack. With 640 acres it is one of B.C.’s most popular outdoor recreation destinations offering golfing, sport fishery, watersports and more.
We are seeking a highly motived, energetic person to join our team, one that will bring a creative vision to the Park. With your great communication and technical skills, you will interact and build rapports with those you will work with and have a strong dedication to towards serving clients. Your professional communication abilities will assist in supporting strategic communications to inform the community on matters pertaining to the Park.
Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Services / Corporate Officer the Communications, Media and Events Coordinator will be responsible for:
Communications / Media
- Develop a communications plan aligned with the Parks organization’s strategic priorities
- Develop media communications as required and coordinate responses to media inquiries and liaise with representatives of the media as required to build relationships
- Develop guidelines for the Park website and social media to maintain quality and consistency
- Coordinating, writing, and maintaining communication content for the Park, primarily on social media but also on web, social media, and e-mail newsletters, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and mail chimp
- When required, undertake a primary role in media and public relations during emergencies or other matters, coordinating clear, effective, and timely communications providing direction and advice
- Working collaboratively on communication projects with various team members
- Planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating special events; receiving, reviewing and coordinating event applications
- Organize and execute events from start to finish according to the requirement, target audience and objectives
- Present creative suggestions and ideas to enhance event’s success
- Lead promotional activities for the events
- Develop and implement a calendar of events for the current year working closely with Community Events and Activities Committee
- Identifying opportunities for sponsorship, fundraising and community engagement; conducting studies, preparing a variety of reports and correspondence and making recommendations regarding event policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A diploma in communications or a related field from a recognized Post-Secondary institution
- Related experience; or combination of education and experience
- Event Planning / management, fundraising, promotions, tourism, experience
- Superior oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Experience with WordPress
- Knowledge and experience using InDesign, Photoshop or other graphic design programs
- Excellent computer skills
This is a Full-Time exempt position, salary commensurate with experience. For further information regarding Cultus Lake Park please visit our website at www.cultuslake.bc.ca.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, in confidence, no later than 4:30 pm, Monday, February 15, 2021.
Email to: Rachel Litchfield, Manager of Corporate Services / Corporate Officer Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
Cultus Lake Park
4165 Columbia Valley,
Cultus Lake BC V2R 5B5
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source