The West Vancouver Memorial Library has an immediate opening for a permanent, part-time Communications Coordinator. Reporting to the Head of Communications, the Communications Coordinator carries out communications and promotional work in support of the Library.
This position has 21 regular hours per week and 7 hours per week that are funded on a contract through the Library’s Foundation.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Assisting the Head of Communications in the development of the Library’s annual communications plan;
- Participating in the planning, development, branding, execution and evaluation of communications in support of the Library’s strategic priorities and operational objectives;
- Administrative and communications support for the Library’s Foundation, including event planning and coordination, donor relations, operation of the Foundation’s donor management software, records management, and related activities
- Monitoring and approving expenditures for printing and promotion budgets
- Ensuring that the Library’s communications pieces are on brand, error-free, audience-appropriate and produced on time
- Producing and disseminating the e-newsletter, printed and online events calendars and Annual Community Report
- Writing and editing copy for event promotion, marketing of services and corporate communications;
- Providing support and coordination for grant seeking and similar third-party funding opportunities
- Coordinating and directing the production of visual materials including photographs, graphics and videos;
- Curating content for and updating the Library’s website and social media platforms; monitoring online engagement;
- Working with various Library departments to ensure timely and accurate submission of events, and to generate ideas for promotion of programs, resources and services;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with local media; producing media releases and pursuing other opportunities for earned media;
- Hiring, supervising and reviewing the work of a graphics technician; training and reviewing the work of a casual assistant;
- Maintaining the Library’s Editorial Style and Visual Identity Guidelines; and,
- Other related duties as required.
The preferred candidate will possess: considerable knowledge of the policies, standards and guidelines of professional communications work; sound knowledge of communications principles and practices, including writing and editing for both print and web; the ability to produce library communications for a variety of channels including print, multimedia and online; the ability to recruit, train, and supervise a small group of staff; the ability to identify community opportunities and work with Library departments, partners, municipal and community groups to raise the Library’s profile; the ability to manage time and projects effectively and efficiently; the ability to work collaboratively in a busy library environment; and proficiency with Microsoft Office, website content management tools, and Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop and InDesign.).
The successful candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree and a diploma or higher degree in Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing plus related experience in libraries or government, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a police information check and supply a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or on WestNet.
WVMEA (Union) – Permanent, Part Time
Hours of Work:
21 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$32.91 – 38.74 per hour (2020 Rates)
11:59 p.m. on Sunday January 3, 2021
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source