The Okanagan Lifestyle Is Calling!
COMPETITION NO. 20-61E
OPENS NOVEMBER 13, 2020
CLOSES DECEMBER 3, 2020
MATERNITY LEAVE COVERAGE – 12 MONTH TERM
Exciting things are happening in the City of West Kelowna and we are looking for a Communications Coordinator to be a part of it! If you’re energized by delivering excellent communications and engagement activities for a growing city, visit this rare career opportunity for details. West Kelowna is calling! We love it here… and we are certain you will too!
Reporting to the Communications Supervisor, the Communications Coordinator will implement and maintain communication and public engagement programs, draft, post and print electronic materials, prepare video content, build relationships with community partners, peers and project stakeholders, coordinate and administer engagement events, implement social media messaging and responses and increase engagement on all platforms. This position will also design and publish materials, gather, analyze and share information on engagement initiatives. The incumbent will also research, coordinate and draft citywide grant applications under the direction of the Communications Supervisor.
The successful candidate will have experience in coordinating strategic public relations programs, writing and publishing materials, social media and web content management, and will possess excellent communication skills including public presentation experience.
Our ideal candidate:
- Diploma from a recognized institution in communications, journalism, and/or marketing;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a related position;
- Experience in administering grant programs would be an asset;
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality;
- Demonstrated computer skills in both a Mac environment and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and graphic design software is preferred (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator);
- Experience in website content management;
- Experience in videography and production
- Experience in social media content management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts, clients and stakeholders in a professional manner;
- Experience in a local government working environment an asset
- Strong customer service skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written;
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
PAY $34.53/HR @ 35HR/WK, M-F
View Original Source Source