One of the sunniest regions in BC’s Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities – Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
As part of the Corporate Communications team, the Communications Coordinator is a community-minded, highly motivated and organized communications professional with professional writing skills that will build and enhance the City of Delta’s brand. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker, will be able to effectively tie long-term vision into daily and weekly content across various platforms, and can produce quality content under tight timelines with minimal supervision.
- Develops and coordinates communications through social media and other digital engagement platforms;
- Sources, creates, writes, edits and publishes a variety of communications materials in accordance with established standards; advises on effective messaging and standards for content;
- Supports departments in planning and implementing communications projects and initiatives;
- Maintains and updates corporate websites; develops and updates webpages; reviews content, materials, graphics, layout, navigation and links to ensure currency, effectiveness, functionality, consistency and conformance with established standards;
- Plans, coordinates and evaluates the communications components of major corporate special events; prepares detailed plans including promotional requirements, sponsorship, budgets, participants and logistics;
- Participates in the development and implementation of communications plans, policies and procedures;
- Maintains awareness of developments in social media and digital engagement; recommends adoption of technologies and techniques applicable to the work.
The ideal candidate will have a university degree in communications, public relations, or a related discipline, and a minimum 3 years of experience in a communications-related role. Knowledge of social media and other digital engagement platform is essential, as well as the ability to prepare and edit a variety of communications materials and messages.
City of Delta offers a competitive salary of $32.90 – $38.73 per hour (2020 rates; commensurate with experience) and an excellent benefits package including Municipal Pension Plan as well as an earned days-off system. Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment to competition 21-42 EX by February 12, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted.
Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
City of Delta
Attention: Human Resources
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent,
Delta, BC V4K 3E2
View Original Source Source