Located approximately 175 km north of Vancouver on the Salish Sea, the qathet Regional District is home to nearly 20,000 people. The majestic coastal firs and mountain wilderness play as a backdrop to a vibrant and multi-faceted coastal community. The area boasts a multitude of festivals and various opportunities to partake in or enjoy fine arts, music and theatre. There is also an abundance of sport and outdoor recreation opportunities from hiking, cycling, engine-powered trailing, horseback riding, hunting, as well as deep sea or inland lake fishing. The community has a wonderful education system and complementary facilities for education, recreation and the arts which are second to none.
Reporting to the Manager of Administrative Services, the Regional District is now accepting applications for the position of:
Are you a professional that is passionate about communication and contributing to your community? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, where constant improvement and transition is the norm?
The Communications Advisor is an exempt position responsible for developing and executing communication and engagement plans for a variety of departments on behalf of qathet Regional District.
Key duties of the Communications Advisor include but are not limited to:
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of communications related policies and protocols, and monitor organizational adherence.
- Developing/maintaining corporate brand standards and guidelines, and monitoring internal and external adherence.
- Developing various types of communications, utilizing multiple mediums targeted to reach intended audiences.
- Preparing and disseminating media releases.
- Providing corporate and operations communications support; namely writing and editorial services.
- Maintaining website content utilizing a website content management application; writes, edits or proofs website content (copy), and manages social media tools.
- Providing strategic communications and budgeting support pertaining to the development of corporate and department-specific communications campaigns to meet targeted communication goals.
To help us achieve our mandate, our Communication Advisor meets the following qualifications:
- Completion of post-secondary education in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or similar; or an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience as determined by the Regional District.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the support, development and administration of organizational communications.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and public relations.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills, and a high level of ability and proficiency in performing editorial services, conducting research, and preparing reports and public education materials.
- Demonstrates the critical importance of respecting and maintaining confidentiality as per legislative requirements, and in the best interest of the organization and those served.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of content and editing software.
- Valid Class 5 British Columbia Driver’s Licence.
In addition to working within a positive and professional environment, the Regional District is a great community to live and play. Our organization offers competitive wages and has an excellent benefits program. This employment opportunity is a full-time, 35 hours per week, exempt position. Hours of work are dependent on departmental needs.
If you would like to apply your professional skills to help the Regional District achieve its vision, mission and goals, please send your cover letter and resume to our Manager of Administrative Services, Michelle Jones, no later than 4 pm, Thursday, November 19, 2020.
Submit your cover letter and resume to:
Michelle Jones, Manager of Administrative Services
202 – 4675 Marine Avenue
Powell River, BC V8A 2L2
View Original Source Source