2 Year Term
West Kelowna is an emerging city where opportunity awaits in the spectacular Okanagan Valley. Captivating lakes and mountains, orchards and vineyards provide countless recreational opportunities. Find your life balance here and grow your career with us. West Kelowna is calling! We love it here… and we are certain you will too!
The Communications Advisor plays a critical role and is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic communication and proactive community engagement initiatives to support the City of West Kelowna’s major projects. This role develops and implements strategic communication plans, establishes and maintains community and stakeholder relationships, identifies public issues, creates collateral, and acts as an advisor to project managers. This individual also plays an integral role in the development and implementation of internal communication initiatives as they relate to the major projects.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A degree with specialization in communications, public relations, journalism or a related discipline
- A minimum of 4-7 years relevant work experience, with at least four years of progressive community engagement and/or communications experience
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of community and stakeholder engagement and synthesizing outcomes
- Demonstrated ability in leading strategic and proactive communications and engagement initiatives
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment requiring collaboration, commitment and creativity along with ease in working with consultants, staff, senior levels of leadership, the community and elected officials
- Proven ability to write for different audiences, channels and digital engagement platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid writing ability in creating reports, corporate communications information, presentations, news releases and employee communications
- Excellent team building skills with ability to create a positive work environment
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills
- Local government experience would be highly desirable
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint Experience with Adobe Creative Suite software
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change
- Professional accreditation by IAP2, IABC or CPRS is an asset
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License required
This full time, two year term exempt position offers a competitive salary, Municipal Pension Plan and wellness programs for your work/life balance.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. Thank you for your interest. Please note only complete applications will be considered and only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Competition 21-23E | Closes February 21, 2021
View Original Source Source