One of the sunniest regions in BC’s Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities – Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
The City of Delta is seeking an administrative professional to fill a clerical vacancy to support the Parks, Recreation and Culture Department. The successful applicant will be a self-motivated, well-organized and responsible individual with excellent customer service skills. Located out of City Hall, the Commission Clerk will be responsible for providing general administrative support to senior staff as well as a major Municipal committee. The successful candidate will be encouraged to use their own initiative and critical thinking to develop and maintain effective and efficient administrative systems. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administrator to senior staff; interviewing callers, arranging appointments and meetings and processing confidential matters; answering a variety of enquiries and explaining and interpreting applicable rules, regulations, functions and related data on departmental and/or City operations, as required.
- Administrator to the Parks, Recreation and Culture Commission; preparing agendas, taking, transcribing and distributing minutes.
- Typing and transcribing dictation of complex reports, memoranda, minutes, correspondence, budgets, statements, tabulations and documents received from various sources;
- Using a variety of software to create content for electronic reader boards and print materials such as invitations, posters and pamphlets.
- Providing information and assistance to the public and other departments on matters related to departmental activities, programs, regulations and practices.
- As required, providing cemetery support services.
- As required, directing the work of one or more employees engaged in clerical and typing duties.
The successful candidate will have:
- Solid working experience in an office environment;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer skills (with a proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- The ability to deal professionally with public calls for service;
- The ability take meeting minutes and transcribe dictation of a complex and/or technical nature with considerable speed and accuracy.
- A minimum typing speed of 55 WPM; and
- A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence.
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary of $26.89 – $31.60 per hour (commensurate with experience) and an excellent benefits package including Municipal Pension Plan as well as an earned-days-off system. Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment, to competition number #21-46 EX by February 28, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted.
Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
City of Delta
Attention: Human Resources
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent,
Delta, BC V4K 3E2
View Original Source Source