Climate Change Innovation Lab Assistant
The City of Nelson is currently seeking a temporary, part-time Climate Change Innovation Lab Assistant. The position is part of the Colleges and Institutes Canada Career-Launcher Internships program open to applicants ages 15 to 30.
The City of Nelson is developing a comprehensive Climate Change Action Plan focused on reducing emissions and responding to climate change. This Action Plan, launching in Fall 2020, will consolidate existing actions on climate change and address emerging risks and opportunities. Recognizing the complex challenges that climate change poses to Nelson, a “social innovation lab” approach was developed to bring local, diverse perspectives together to inform our Action Plan. The second Phase of the Lab is launching to coincide with the launch of our Action Plan. It will focus on supporting the local community in implementing the plan by developing win-win community-level solutions that address our climate change priorities while also contributing to health, the local economy, and social equity.
The successful applicant will be experienced in community engagement and understand the complexity of climate change and the numerous co-benefits that can be achieved through collaborative and creative climate action. This position will work with the Climate Change Coordinator and Lab Facilitators to support Phase Two of our Innovation Lab, in a variety of activities related to Lab planning, coordination and evaluation. This is a temporary position until February 2021, with a schedule of 30 hours per week. The salary for the position is $20.00 per hour.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Sustainability, Environmental Studies or related field, with a focus on climate change, and community engagement and mobilization
- An advanced understanding of climate change and the complex social and economic interactions involved in related challenges and solutions
- Climate change and/or sustainability focused community engagement experience
- Human centered design and prototyping knowledge
- Innovation Lab knowledge and/or experience
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Environmental communication and social media skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship development skills
- Experience working in institutional and/or non-profit environments
- Program design and evaluation experience is an asset
- Policy development and implementation experience is an asset
Please see the job description for complete details regarding this position.
Interested applications should submit their covering letter and resume by October 13, 2020 to:
City of Nelson
101-310 Ward Street
Nelson, BC V1L 5S4
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted. The City of Nelson is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
View Original Source Source