One of the sunniest regions in BC’s Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities – Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
Clerk Typist 3 – Corporate Services
(Climate Action and Environment and Corporate Policy)
The City of Delta is seeking an administrative professional to fill a clerical vacancy to support both the Climate Action and Environment and Corporate Policy divisions of the Corporate Services Department. The successful applicant will be a self- motivated, well-organized and responsible individual with excellent customer service skills. Located out of City Hall, the Clerk Typist 3 will be responsible for providing general administrative support to Climate Action and Environment and Corporate Policy staff. The duties of this role include responding to a variety of calls, complaints, and enquiries relating to environmental issues in the community. Other examples of work include assisting with the development of public communication materials, scheduling environmental inspections, coordinating interdepartmental reviews of applications referred by other government agencies to the department, administering Delta’s staff carpool program, proof-reading and tracking of council reports, recording meeting minutes, letter writing, file management and interdepartmental communication. The successful candidate will be encouraged to use their own initiative and critical thinking to develop and maintain effective and efficient administrative systems.
The successful candidate will have:
- solid working experience in an office environment;
- excellent computer skills (with a proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook);
- the ability to deal professionally with public calls for service;
- the ability to read non-complex maps, plans and drawings;
- a minimum typing speed of 55 WPM; and
- a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence.
The following are considered to be assets:
- completion of post-secondary education courses;
- working knowledge of Tempest (or a similar government-related data system);
- experience working with DeltaMap (or a similar government-related mapping system);
- knowledge of environmental and social issues relevant to the City of Delta
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary of $25.82 – $30.33 per hour (commensurate with experience) and an excellent benefits package including Municipal Pension Plan as well as an earned-days-off system. Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment, to competition number #21-37 EX by February 12, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted.
Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
City of Delta
Attention: Human Resources
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent,
Delta, BC V4K 3E2
View Original Source Source