Casual (up to 35 hours per week)
The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
This is an exciting opportunity to experience work variety and support a number of teams. Employees in the clerical pool provide office administration and customer service support to a variety of City Departments on an as-needed basis. Candidates must possess prior related office support experience complemented by outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills. This position requires flexibility and is ideally suited to individuals not seeking full-time work as the number of work hours offered will vary on a monthly basis depending on the City’s needs. Candidates must be available and willing to work during peak support times, including over the December holiday period and during summer months.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by courses in office administration plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proficiency with standard office equipment and computer software including Microsoft Office and database programs. Experience with Vadim and Tempest considered an asset.
- Speed and accuracy with keyboarding (minimum 50 words per minute).
- Sound knowledge of business English, spelling, grammar and arithmetic.
- Ability to perform basic accounting, cashiering and clerical duties with accuracy and detail and in accordance with established rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of the organization of the City, the general functions of its departments and the nature of the services provided.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external clients including the public, staff and elected officials and to provide information and assistance in person and over the telephone in a courteous and effective manner.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to compose routine correspondence, format reports, and to prepare and maintain files, records and related material.
- Ability to exercise initiative and make decisions in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and policies.
- Ability to successfully pass a police information check.
The hourly wage range of this position is $23.44 – $27.45 (2019 rates) with 11% offered in lieu of benefits. If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter, and resume.
4:30 pm, Sunday, January 24, 2021
Submit your application:
Apply online at www.whiterockity.ca/jobs
View Original Source Source