Requisition ID: 31517
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Clerk III provides administrative and clerical support to the REFM Department, particularly in the review and preparation Council reports for REFM and coordination of intradepartmental Council reports.
The Clerk III will also provide administrative support to the Directors of Facilities Planning & Development, Real Estate and Facilities Operations divisions.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates compilation of Council reports, tracking RTS number and the Council Meeting dates for REFM between the author and City Clerk’s Office, ensuring consistent review of all REFM relevant reports and required concurrences as per department policy and based on independent judgement and interpretation of such policy. Considers impacts on other civic departments/priorities in determining required concurrences.
- Reviews upcoming Council Reports from all other departments to determine where RES concurrence is required, based on interpretation and independent judgement of department policy. Strong understanding of contractual land use agreements and asset management priorities within the department is required to judge the impact of legally binding agreements and long-term real estate strategies on recommendations brought forward by other departments.
- Undertakes weekly RTS tracking for REFM reports and required concurrences.
- Ensures filing and updating the completed Council Reports/Presentations and decisions in the Real Estate Services for future reference.
- Recommends changes to the Council report process within Real Estate Services.
- Assists in the preparation and formatting of presentations and other documents using the appropriate Microsoft Office software programs and using departmental and COV templates.
- Maintains calendars, arranges meetings, handles correspondence, monitors email and makes travel arrangements and training registrations.
- Cascades communication from the FP&D Director, RES Director or FO Director to staff across the REFM department as directed.
- Reconciles P-card statements for the Directors and Managers.
- Assist with invoice paying through creation of Shopping Cart and/or Web Cycle
- Requests Insurance Certificate, reviewing compliance of tenant’s insurance against civic and department policy for types of coverage, amount of coverage and other conditions.
- Escalates any issues to Property Negotiators/supervisor and/or Property Clerk Supervisor from tenants and providing a list of completed/accepted Insurance Certificate to Rental Billing in Financial Services to be entered into SAP RE80, and documentation of the valid Insurance Certificates in VanDocs to the contract file.
- Schedules interviews as required.
- Drafts Letters of Offer as requested on behalf of Directors/Managers.
- Functions as the Department Records Coordinator (DRC)
- Prepares ESAFs, ECAFS, and other HR forms and tracks ongoing status.
- Requests IT and Security access for new staff and staff changes.
- Updates organization chart, phone lists and quick find.
- Assists with new employee onboarding and orientation as requested.
- Arranges complex meetings by booking venues, sending out invitations and ensuring that required equipment and amenities are available.
- Requests and administers cell phones and accessories for new staff per policy and as approved.
- Maintains and administers SAP license additions, deletions and changes.
- Assists with placing an AD on the website
- Reviews and validates Time Entry reports ensuring that they meet time entry standards and forwards for approval to Manager, Administrative Services and Director, FO and FP&D as appropriate.
- Provides administrative support for department or division special events (i.e. United Way) as requested and in collaboration with other administrative roles.
- Provides back up, when required, to the two other Office Support Clerks III by performing duties as outlined in the position descriptions.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12, preferably including or supplemented by courses in administration and/or job related courses. Considerable related experience as an Office Support Clerk III, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of the applicable rules and regulations which govern departmental activities.
- Working knowledge of modern office methods and procedures.
- Working knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and math.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of office record keeping.
- Advanced word processing skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret oral and written instructions.
- Ability to successfully, effectively and tactfully deal with the public and staff in interpreting and explaining departmental rules, regulations and processes.
- Ability to maintain complex records and to prepare periodic statistical and narrative reports from such records.
- Ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle a varied workload in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
- Proficient with the following software: Business information software (e.g. SAP), MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook & Access)
Business Unit/Department: Real Estate & Facilities Mgmt (1100)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Parks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: July, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-017: $27.45 to $32.25 per hour
Application Close: June 27, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source