Requisition ID: 31233
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The Clerk III works with a team of technical staff in the Utilities Management Branch to review, approve and coordinate utility construction on City streets.
The position reports to the Technical Supervisor, Engineering. Key internal contacts include staff within Engineering Services, Risk Management, Accounting and Technology Services. Key external contacts include utility companies such as BC Hydro, Telus, Fortis, Shaw, Rogers, Allstream, CMBC and Transink as well as private businesses, general contractors, developers and private citizens.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Sets up and maintains work order accounts, journal vouchers, invoices and other applications for costing and billing for the utility installations. This will include processing invoices from utility companies, obtaining payment approval and account numbers from appropriate City Staff, then using SAP, applying payment and parking the invoice.
- Creates SAP work orders for street cut repairs; prepares and sends invoices to the appropriate utility companies to settle payments.
- Tracks and collects outstanding invoices.
- Reviews and processes temporary no stopping and temporary special zone requests from third parties requiring access to do work on city streets. Requests are to be processed through SAP and POSSE.
- Maintains office files, prepares statistical reports from SAP and contacts utility companies to clarify concerns with their invoices or with City invoices to assist in resolving any concerns.
- Provides written correspondence as required and maintains accurate records and files from different databases.
- Attends meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 preferably including or supplemented by courses in commercial subjects and bookkeeping, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of office record keeping.
- Knowledge of VanMAP and ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings is an asset.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle high volumes of work with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Ability to deal effectively, tactfully and maintain cooperative relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to function as part of a team and be able to work with minimal direction.
- Proficient in the use of software applications and databases such as MS Office, SAP and Tempest.
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: August, 2021
Position End Date: July, 2023
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-017: $27.45 to $32.25 per hour
Application Close: July 9, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source