Requisition ID: 28553
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Revenue Services Clerk III provides professional customer service and performs moderately complex clerical and basic accounting tasks that ensure the timely, accurate and efficient billing and processing of the City’s main revenue streams including but not limited to: property taxes, utilities, vacancy tax, bylaws as well as licences, permits, rentals and trade receivables.
The RS Clerk Ill performs a variety of moderately complex clerical and basic accounting tasks in the following processes:
- Customer Service & Remittance Processing
- Acts as Team lead, supports and coaches Office Support Clerk IIIs
- Performs reconciliation of invoices for payment
- Imports large payment files from financial institutions into City’s financial system, investigates and corrects misapplied payments. Exports payment information from financial system into SAP.
- Processes customer inquiries, issues and complaints (in person, by phone or in writing) and escalations. Provides information on account balances, transactions, payment methods and options. Provides information on relevant legislation, bylaws, programs (i.e. Home Owner Grant, Property tax deferment, Vacancy tax). Investigates payment and correspondence issues and escalates complex issues to supervisor.
- Processes refund and adjustment requests and compiles supporting documentation.
- Compiles, researches, and performs simple analysis of account transactions.
- Posts, maintains, reconciles and balances complex activity control records and indices which are fundamental to the departmental functions.
- Prepares supporting documentation and process account adjustments in various systems including Tempest, Amanda, Posse and Quickweb.
- Prepares and maintains a large volume of records and files, both manual and electronic; review, analyze and prepare statistical reports from data requiring an understanding of problems and terminology involved; devises forms, sets up moderately complex statistical tables and assists in the preparation of routine reports.
- Assists with recording, compiling of department operational metrics and statistics.
- Provides support to Office Support Clerk IIIs (CSRs) for escalated customer issues.
- Performs any of RS Customer Service Representative duties
- Other duties/ responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Position Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12, preferably including or supplemented by post-secondary accounting/business courses and considerable experience as an Office Support Clerk Ill, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of financial systems.
- Working knowledge of office procedures, practices and equipment.
- Strong mathematical problem solving skills Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Working knowledgeable of 11 business types (tax, utilities, bylaw fines, alarm permits, vacancy tax, residential parking permits, business license, commercial decals, dog licenses, rent and accounts receivable) to support customer inquiries and payment processing related to the work.
- Good business writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with external and internal customers. Able to listen effectively and empathize with customers coupled with strong problem solving skills. Considerable experience with customer service.
- Ability to understand financial information and interpret the same to customers.
- Ability to understand legislation, regulations and bylaws and convey the same to customers; demonstrated willingness to learn complex subject matter and quickly recall essential information
- Proficiency with computers and programs such as MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word); high processing/data entry speed; minimum keyboarding skill of 40wpm.
- Good attention to detail coupled with analytical ability.
- Ability to handle a varied workload in a busy environment with frequent interruptions. Effective planning and organization skills to address multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
There are 3 positions available:
- 2 until October 15, 2021
- 1 until January 31, 2022
Business Unit/Department: Finance, Risk & Business Plan (1150)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: May, 2021
Position End Date: See Posting
Positions Available: 3
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-017: $27.45 to $32.25 per hour
Application Close: May 21, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source