Requisition ID: 29613
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
This position supports Engineering Field Operations as a centralized service that manages requests by engineering Staff related to contracted services from all Engineering Branches. This includes, but is not limited to; coordinating and managing requests for hired trucks, equipment, portable toilets, traffic management resources, arranging trailer moves & concrete deliveries, and many other tasks related to contracted services used by all Engineering Operations. Part of the support service provided is following up with contractors and Engineering Staff to ensure service contracts are being fulfilled as prescribed.
Please note this position will be working out of the Marine Gateway office.
- Receive and coordinate radio and telephone requests from Engineering Branch’s and external agencies.
- Manage emergency situations as called in from the field.
- Secure and dispatch as required/requested resources which include but not limited to Emergency Services, dump trucks, excavators and backhoes, traffic control people, concrete saws, portable toilets, temporary fencing, trailer moves, concrete deliveries, utility owners and meter hooding requests.
- Coordinate service requests with various internal City branches (meter hooding, emergencies, etc.)
- Document requests for contracted services and dispatched resources electronically.
- Coordinate and track real-time usage of global trucking companies.
- Explore and document complaints received by internal branches or contracted companies.
- Contact contractors or internal branches when contractual obligations or requirements are not being met.
- Keep highly detailed records of all calls and correspondence to be used for monitoring contract compliance with suppliers.
- Manage all data updates to Hired Equipment Application/Program.
- Monitor and notify trucking and heavy equipment companies of insurance non-compliance.
- Update Equipment Coordinators of contractors of truck and heavy equipment availability.
- Provide reception at administration building and entrance to the Yard. Greet visitors; call receiving party and direct visitors as needed.
- Download, assemble and validate raw SAP data related to usage and costs related to hired trucks, heavy equipment and other contracted services.
- Correct errors that are found in the data coding.
- File documents electronically into VanDocs and Contract Management Share Point Site.
- Receive internal and public inquiries in person and on the phone and direct appropriately.
- Provide dispatch and clerical support for Sewers & Water Operation Branches as required; Duties such as data entry into Hansen, scheduling appointments with homeowners for precautionary sewer rodding.
- Develop and complete Field Observation, Inspection and Audit Reports.
Minimum Position Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Completion of grade 12 preferably including or supplemented by courses in Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced course in Microsoft Excel preferred
- Proven experience working in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities, demonstrating competency in decision making within established business practices and rules.
- Proven experience in providing emergency radio and phone dispatching services.
Knowledge. Skills and Abilities
- Good working knowledge of Engineering Operations.
- Proven radio communication proficiency.
- Ability to make good decisions during an emergency.
- Ability to prioritize daily requests.
- Working knowledge of Engineering’s third party service agreements.
- Proven ability to deal tactfully with crews, contractors, and members of the public.
- Extensive knowledge of City of Vancouver geography.
- Working knowledge of SAP Procurement Module.
- Proven proficiency in the use of MS Office applications including Outlook, Access, Excel, SharePoint,
- Microsoft Word, & Hired Equipment Application.
- Proven ability to utilize data to produce Excel report and graphs.
- Effective keyboarding skills with speed and accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform thorough, complete and accurate work.
- Proven ability to work independently while exercising sound judgment.
- Problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to handle a heavy workload, multi-task while working effectively with interruptions and changing priorities while providing exceptional customer service.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: August, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-017: $27.45 to $32.25 per hour
Application Close: August 1, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source