City of Surrey
Clerk 3 – Accounts Payable
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
As a Clerk 3 in the Accounts Payable section of the Finance Department, you will perform moderately complex and diversified clerical work in various capacities. Work at this level will require independent judgment and initiative within defined guidelines.
Union – CUPE Local 402 – Regular Full-Time.
- You employ attention to detail to maintain a high level of accuracy while performing large volumes of data-entry on a daily basis.
- Through teamwork, you will collaborate with other members of the Accounts Payable team to meet data-entry deadlines and perform other related duties as required.
- Using your excellent interpersonal skills, you will provide exceptional customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Using your outstanding communication skills, you will effectively explain Accounts Payable policies and procedures by telephone, in person and in writing.
- You possess strong arithmetic skills to accurately verify financial information.
- You have the ability to efficiently scrutinize incoming documents against Accounts Payable guidelines and identify non- conforming elements to prevent against data-entry errors.
- You have experience with Microsoft Excel and are quick to learn new software applications.
- The successful candidate will have completed grade 12, supplemented by several courses in word processing, office practices and PC office applications and have at least two years of experience and training in an office environment.
- Must have accurate typing speed of 45 WPM.
- Good knowledge of the department’s operations and procedures, proficient computer skills and be able to perform related duties as required.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
View Original Source Source