Clerk 2 – Auxiliary
Status: Auxiliary – CUPE
Salary: $23.80 – $27.85 (PG13)
Closing: November 22, 2020
Come grow with us! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication & great customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for a self-motivated, organized, service-oriented professional who will provide clerical relief support to various departments within the City of Maple Ridge. Assignments may vary from one day to several weeks providing coverage for short term leaves, special projects, or assignments. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, considerable knowledge of clerical practices and procedures and be well versed in Microsoft office. Experience in marketing, graphic design, payroll, minute taking, and/or cashiering are considered an asset to this auxiliary role.
Incumbents will provide clerical relief throughout the organization in a variety of areas, which may include Engineering and Public Works, Planning, Development Services, Finance, Community Development, IT, Legislative Services, Parks Recreation, & Culture and Police Services. The incumbent may provide support to managers, supervisors, other employees, and office visitors by handling a variety of tasks in order to ensure that all interactions between the organization and others are positive and productive.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
You have successfully completed secondary education, supplemented by administrative and computer course(s), plus related experience preferably in a Public Service Agency. An equivalent combination of training, education and experience may be considered. You strive to exceed expectations and are a team player.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of the services, functions, procedures, by-laws and regulations governing applicable department operations and activities as they relate to the work performed;
- Sound knowledge of modern office practices and procedures;
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public and other departments in providing factual information and assistance on matters related to the work;
- Ability to perform non-complex arithmetic calculations applicable to the work;
- Ability to operate office equipment related to the work;
- Ability to perform clerical assignments, with proficiency in MS Office, specifically Word and Excel; and
- Ability to perform data entry duties of a bookkeeping/accounting clerical nature, with a high degree of accuracy and the ability to operate a computer terminal.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong organizational, customer service and communications skills;
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Considerable knowledge of clerical practices and procedures (formatting, writing agendas, and minute taking);
- Experience with uploading and publishing content; and,
- Ability to prepare, process and review a variety of correspondence, documents and reports related to the work.
Additional experience in any the following areas would be considered an asset:
- Graphic design
- Legislative Services
- Tempest System
- Amanda System
WORKING CONDITION AND EFFORTS
This position is expected to provide coverage for front line and clerical staff in various departments.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Police Information Check as a condition of employment. (Note – not required a part of the application process; however, will be required upon consideration for employment.
HOURS OF WORK:
The successful incumbent(s) hours will vary depending on high volume or backlog of work and for vacation coverage. This is an auxiliary position with no ongoing schedule of hours.
View Original Source Source