Clerical Relief Pool
Position Status: Auxiliary (Temporary assignments on an on-call basis)
(This position to last not later than December 31, 2021, with the possibility of extension)
Department: Human Resources and Corporate Services
Employee Group: Teamsters Local 31
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: PG 15 $25.31 – $29.74 hourly
Our Human Resources and Corporate Services Department is seeking a proactive, organized, service-orientated professional to provide front line temporary administrative support throughout the organization on an on-call basis. Assignments vary from one day to several weeks, providing coverage for short-term leaves, special projects or to assist with additional workflow.
You are: A self-starter, tech savvy, proactive professional with a keen eye for detail. You must thrive in a busy work environment, have the ability to manage priorities in a professional, efficient and timely manner in an environment with frequent interruptions and minimal supervision. You are also adaptable and excel in an environment where teamwork is required to meet department and organizational goals. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and are proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 2016.
- Provide administrative support in one of many departments (Liquid Waste Services, Water Services, Solid Waste Service, Financial Services, Parks & Environment, Regional Planning & Housing Services, External Relations, Corporate Services, Corporate Safety or Fleet Services at various sites throughout the region).
- Perform clerical and secretarial duties with accuracy including drafting routine correspondence, maintaining excel tracking sheets and reports, formatting and proofreading.
- Perform routine calendar maintenance in Outlook including scheduling meetings and managing multiple calendars.
- Maintain departmental files using an electronic records information system ensuring compliance with corporate records management standards.
- Process incoming mail and invoices; order and maintain stationery and office supplies; arrange catering; manage travel and training requests.
- Provide meeting support including preparation and printing of agendas and meeting materials. Minute taking experience would be an asset.
- Process time entry and work orders.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Successful completion of grade 12, including or supplemented by courses in commercial and secretarial combined with considerable related experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of clerical practices and procedures.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft 2016 Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to complete routine administrative duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to process clerical work of a complex and technical nature.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by October 19, 2020.
View Original Source Source