- Use your management and estimating skills to make your mark in a collaborative, team environment
- Receive a highly competitive annual salary plus benefits!
- Take advantage of career development opportunities within our growth-oriented organization
About Bluepoint Construction Ltd.
Bluepoint Construction started as a collaboration between Ron Stewart and Jason Gedig who have close to 60 years combined experience and have worked together as a team for over 17 years in the Civil Construction Industry. Together, along with some of the best employees in the business, we take pride in the Bluepoint brand and what it stands for, and this is truly reflected in the success of our projects. Bluepoint is also proud to be part of the Meraki Resources group of companies.
We are growing to become one of the Okanagans premiere civil construction companies. Together, we expertly lead a wide array of civil construction projects that includes roadbuilding, lake intakes, mass excavations, water-main pipe installation and other civil construction for subdivisions, municipalities, and airports.
Our core values make up who we are – and we are looking for people who can embody these values every day upon joining our team:
Give a Damn – Passion. Grit. Dedication. Fun. Positivity.
Get it Done – Stay hungry. Dont settle. Grow and progress. Try new things. Set the standards.
Be Real – Honesty. Trust. Humility. Accountability. Collaboration.
About the Opportunity
Bluepoint Construction Ltd. is currently looking for a Civil Estimator/Project Manager to oversee, estimate, and manage our various civil construction projects throughout Kelowna, B.C. on a full-time basis.
The successful candidate in this role will take on a variety of responsibilities in both estimating, securing the project, and project management from beginning to end.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Estimating projects with the following duties:
- Using Heavy Bid software to create an estimate quickly and accurately
- Obtaining supplier and subtrade pricing
- Establishing project take offs and quantities
- Negotiating pricing with the client
- Preparing and presenting the estimate as part of the internal review process
- Submitting bids on time and as per the stated requirements
- Asking questions, determining methodology and applying appropriate pricing
- Allowing time to understand the scope of work being priced and making the effort to ensure nothing is overlooked or assumed
- Determining and understanding all project specifications and required scopes of work
- Managing addendums and project updates
- Ensuring all estimates are produced to the highest quality standards
- Visiting project work sites, clarifying scope of work, and preparing cost estimates and proposals
- Evaluating projects for constructability and value-engineer cost savings
- Developing and implementing strategies to self perform and to outsource the various aspects of a project to achieve the project’s objectives of price, schedule and quality
- Planning the sequencing of work and the strategy of creating effective project schedules
Upon contract award, Project Management duties are as follows:
- Ensuring all project safety plans are in writing and completed in advance of the project, are industry leading, communicated and executed as per the plan with the required safety resources being available to the project superintendent
- Meeting with Owners and Design Professionals on a regular basis to discuss status of projects, determining client satisfaction and taking immediate action to respond to problems and concerns
- Establishing, monitoring, communicating and maintaining project schedules utilizing scheduling software (Project Management)
- Negotiating contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders to ensure that all project goals are being addressed
- Proactively identifying issues that could lead to problems and facilitating their solutions
- Conducting and documenting project progress meetings and participating in weekly staff meetings
- Determining and implementing the appropriate level of project control (i.e.: submittal logs, change order logs, quantity tracking, etc.)
- Managing project costs to ensure that budgets are maintained; documenting and managing changes in the work to secure the interests of the entire project team
- Documenting substantial completion progress and managing the project closeout process to ensure timely completion
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will have 5-10 years of experience as an estimator in the civil construction industry within B.C. and extensive knowledge of MMCD standards. You have great knowledge in civil construction, both technically, administratively and with proven management ability. A Bachelors degree in Engineering or Construction Management would be an asset, and a combination of education and experience will also be considered.
As our ideal candidate, you have previous experience estimating and managing self-performed work activities and subcontracted work. You are proficient with computer software used in the construction industry – HeavyBid experience would be considered an asset. Ideally, you have an understanding of the means and methods of civil construction associated with commercial and residential earthwork and infrastructure development in B.C. You possess working knowledge of civil earthworks and of the costs of goods and services, with demonstrated ability to solicit, evaluate, and manage the price, schedule and quality objectives of individual projects.
In order to succeed in this role, you will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills while being a strong, dependable team player who is confident, thorough, and able to see a project through to completion. You have an exceptional technical background with an entrepreneurial mindset, and is an expert in time management and multi-tasking. You are reliable, self-motivated, passionate, approachable and proactive with a desire for constant self-improvement.
Above all, you are a quick learner who can take responsibility and pride in your work and creates the space for others to do the same.
About the Benefits
As recognition for your hard work, passion and excellence, you can look forward to a highly competitive annual salary, dependent on experience, plus the following:
- Extended health and dental benefits package
- Bonus program
- Opportunities for learning, growth and professional development
This is your chance to really make an impact in a growing organization, that values its people and provides an environment for career development.
If you share our values and have the skills necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!
Bluepoint Construction Ltd.
View Original Source Source