Requisition ID: 29774
Ray-Cam Co-operative Centre is a full-fledged community centre located in the heart of the Downtown Eastside/ Strathcona Community. We operate programs and services which effectively advance the opportunity and abilities of children, youth, families and seniors in our community.
To apply: email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject line to read ‘Childcare Hiring Committee’.
Main Purpose & Function
This position assists in implementing an enriched child care program located in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside that meets the needs of children three (3) to five (5) years of age. This position also provides opportunities for typical and children who have extra support needs to be integrated in an inclusive setting.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include assisting in planning and leading age appropriate programs for pre-school children plus ensuring opportunities for children requiring extra support are part of the daily curriculum. This position assists in modifying activities that help with child development and social learning. Works with outside professionals; assists in writing individual care plans and reports. Builds and fosters positive and healthy relationships with children, families and staff.
- Completion of Early Childhood Education (ECE) Basic Level Certificate is required, with a current license.
- A Special Needs Certificate is preferred.
- A current and valid First Aid certificate is required.
- Some experience with working with special needs children.
- Working in a minimum of two childcare settings preferred.
- A current Food Safe certificate is preferred.
- A Police Records Check is a requirement of this position. A clearance requires the absence of any charges or convictions related to this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Sound knowledge of the fundamentals of community childcare programs
- Knowledge and experience of community resources.
- Previous experience writing precise individual care planning and reports is preferred.
- Ability to plan and lead daycare curriculum/activities for typical and children who require extra support.
- Experience with group dynamics and behaviour management.
- Sound knowledge of community care licensing requirements.
- Demonstrated ability in supporting families in crisis situation and to recommend appropriate referrals.
- Knowledge of community healthcare resources and childcare licensing requirements; philosophy and objectives of a community daycare program.
- Previous experience and documentation around child protection issues is preferred.
- Knowledge of safety practices, policies and regulations applicable to the work performed.
- Ability to liaise with relevant professionals and other groups.
- A class 4 driver’s license and second language would be an asset.
Shifts will vary between 7:00 am-6:00 pm, Monday to Friday, within two childcare rooms.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com subject line to read Childcare Hiring Committee.
Business Unit/Department: Ray-Cam Co-operative Centre
Affiliation: CUPE Local 15 Bargaining Unit (VMECW)
Employment Type: Temporary Full-Time
Position Start Date: May, 2021
Position End Date: March, 2022
Salary Information: Pay Grade PG-14: $24.36 – $28.55 per hour
Application Close: May 7, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source