We are Pomerleau. And you could be too.
At Pomerleau, we fully understand that our mission is not only to create infrastructure or erect buildings, but to build communities. As a leader in the construction industry for nearly 60 years, we always aim to make a positive impact on the lives of the people we serve across Canada.
To do this, we do everything we can to listen to their needs, to never lose sight of the realities of tomorrow and to innovate in a more committed, more collaborative and more sustainable way. Together, this is how we redefine our practice – for the good of our profession and of future generations.
What YOU Will Do
Estimation is an art that drives opportunity and growth atthe forefront of the construction process. Join us and lead the estimation teamto stand out and deliver winning results. Using your successful management,supervision and coordination skills attained in the construction industry, youwill navigate the tender process from concept to submission while keeping risktop of mind.
With an appetite for excellence and a winning spirit you andyour team will thrive in a fast paced and exciting environment that providesongoing new and interesting challenges. Using your quick thinkingand relationship-building skills, you provide leadership and proven tradedriven expertise to support business growth and challenge industry standards. Imagine the possibilities as your role focuses on developing your team’sopportunities within the estimation field. The pace and path youchoose to grow is your choice – but let us help you get there. As akey member of our team, we will rethink construction together, from idea tocompletion. Everywhere. All the time. Period.
- Jump in and lead the overall preconstruction process including bidding, cost estimates, budget analysis and support proposals;
- Encourage open lines of communication regarding project status and updates;
- Collaborate with and provide valuable estimating expertise to other members of the leadership team
- Support the business development process;
- Lead external and internal presentations of proposals and estimates;
- Utilize your research skills at every stage of the process to identify project specific prices related to key items including labour, equipment and materials;
- With an eye for detail, accurately interpret technical specifications for bid documents;
- Review project business plans with internal stakeholders to ensure profitability;·
- Actively assist with the full cycle estimating process and use your attention to detail and methodical approach to provide a comprehensive review of final estimates;
- Be an expert in risk management to identify any associated project risk;
- Keep client pricing requirements top-of-mind to ensure accuracy of estimates;
- Grow and maintain strong relationships with trade partners, consultants and clients to achieve the project goals and vision;
- Encourage your team to get creative and think outside the box to come up with innovative solutions and opportunities;
- Inspire your team to strive for excellence by leading by example, encouraging professional development and utilising every member’s expertise to put Pomerleau ahead of its competition;
- Actively encourage a learning environment, share your knowledge and be a role model throughout the estimation process;
- Celebrate the Successes and be a key member of the project ramp-up process.
What YOU Will Bring
- 10+ years’ relevant experience estimating in the Civil & Infrastructure construction industry;
- 5+ years’ relevant management experience
- A University Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering or a combination of education and industry experience;
- A proven track record of estimate / bid management as well as team collaboration and management;
- Ability to bid projects in excess of $200M;
- Solid written and verbal communication skills;
- A passion and drive for building relationships;
- Strong computer skills with estimation software and an enthusiasm for innovation;
- Knowledge of the Western Canadian market.
Why Choose Pomerleau
- Competitive salary
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- Group insurance (including a health spending account!)
- Group RRSP
- Employer paid monthly public transit pass
- Fitness Membership or Activity Reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Exciting training opportunities
- Dynamic culture
- Exciting career opportunities
- Summer hours all year long
- Access to telemedecine platform Diaolgue for free
- New work from home policy
What are youwaiting for? Let’s build something extraordinary together. Apply now to join the team. We want to hear from you!
We thank allapplicants, but only those selected for further consideration will becontacted. Be sure to join our Talent Network to stay informed about alljob opportunities at Pomerleau.
Pomerleau Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Weare committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. During any stage of therecruitment and hiring process, accommodation for applicants with disabilitiesare available upon request.
View Original Source Source