Chief Bylaw Officer
Hours of Work:
35 hours / Monday to Friday 8 am to 4 pm
$41.31 per hour (2021 rates) in accordance with Article 23.06
$42.14 per hour (2021 rates) after successful completion of probationary period
The City of Parksville is an active community of urban professionals, families with young children, and retirees who have chosen to live in our community for a quality of life and the region’s inspiring natural environment. Nestled on Vancouver Island’s east coast, 13,000 residents call Parksville home. We are committed to being the city of choice for ourselves, our employees and future generations to come.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Administrative Services, the incumbent is responsible for the administration, interpretation and enforcement of all matters related to compliance with municipal bylaws and regulations. This is a supervisory, technical and administrative position overseeing the planning, scheduling and coordinating of the bylaw function within the City and actively participates as a Bylaw Compliance Officer and the Municipal Business Licence Inspector.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, business administration, criminology or law enforcement studies.
- Bylaw Enforcement Level I and II Certificates.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and a good driving record.
- First Aid Level 1.
- Eligibility for RCMP security clearance.
- Eligibility for membership in the License Inspectors’ and Bylaw Officers’ Association of BC.
- Five (5) years’ formal supervisory experience in a local government bylaw compliance setting or similar regulatory role.
See job description for full details. This is a CUPE Local 401 Position.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to HR@parksville.ca with posting # and position title in the subject line by 4 pm Friday, January 8, 2021.
The City of Parksville thanks you for your interest and regrets that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source