Regional District of Central Okanagan
The Regional District of Central Okanagan is an employer of choice made up of a dedicated team of people who care about the community we serve. We are located in one of the most desirable places to live in BC, in the heart of the scenic Okanagan Valley. The appeal of Okanagan Lake, the natural beauty of the surrounding hillsides and the fragrant orchards and vineyards continue to draw people to the valley. Our lifestyle is second to none especially for those who live to enjoy the outdoors.
Chief Bylaw Enforcement Officer
Do you have a background in bylaw and experience leading in a unionized environment?
If so, our Corporate Services Department wants you on their team!
As the successful candidate reporting to the Director of Bylaw Services, you will:
- Provide leadership to staff and promote a positive work environment.
- Provide oversight, coordination, and enforcement of RDCO Bylaws and associated programs.
- Investigate applicable RDCO Bylaw Complaints.
- Respond to legal inquiries, prepare legal documents and RDCO Board reports and present to the RDCO Board.
- Oversee Bylaw Adjudication, Long Form Information and Municipal Ticket Information (MTI) files and court processes.
- Assist in the preparation of operating & capital budgets, and report on performance measures.
- Represent the RDCO and liase with community partners such as SPCA, animal rescue agencies and RCMP.
- Supervise dog control operations, including developing procedures and policies, facilitating team meetings, supervising the dog pound facility and assisting vetrinarians in euthanasia.
To be successful in this role, you will have an education in public administration, law enforcement, business or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience and three years supervisory experience, preferably in a unionized environment. The ability to lead and influence is critical for the success of this role. You will be customer service oriented, have excellent conflict resolution and interpersonal skills, and the ability to remain calm under pressure and navigate sensitive situations diplomatically.
This is a full time, exempt position to commence as soon as possible. We offer a competitive salary, a full range of benefits and professional development opportunities.
To view the full job description, visit our website at rdco.com/jobs. To apply, submit a cover letter and resume quoting Competition No. 2101 by 4:00 p.m. Monday, February 1, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest – only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted
The Regional District of Central Okanagan is an employer of choice made up of a dedicated team of people who care about the community we serve. We are located in one of the most desirable places to live in BC, in the heart of the Okanagan Valley. The appeal of Okanagan Lake and the natural beauty of the surroundings continue to draw people to the valley. Our lifestyle is second to none especially for those who live to enjoy the outdoors.
View Original Source Source