Chief Building Official
HOURS OF WORK:
35 hours per week
Monday to Friday 8:30 – 4:30
To be determined
4:00 p.m. November 16, 2020
Encompassing an unparalleled geographic region in the heart of British Columbia, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District (TNRD) offers the best of both worlds. Urban life within vibrant communities and outlying rural regions that showcase the region’s beauty – pristine but rugged mountains, rolling grasslands, lush evergreen forests and both historic and modern areas, all within approximately 45,000 square kilometres. Headquartered in the City of Kamloops, the TNRD provides a wide range of local government services to a population of 130,000 located within its 11 diverse municipalities and 10 electoral areas.
Reporting to the Director of Development Services, the Chief Building Official (CBO) manages the Building Inspection Department staff and oversees compliance to BC Building Code, Building Permitting, and Member Municipal inspection service contracts. The CBO supports staff through professional guidance and capacity building; represents the TNRD at CHBA and similar; and is the subject matter expert for construction-related codes, regulations and bylaws and their interpretation. The CBO adjudicates enforcement and provides daily on-call support for field inspectors. This position also administers the department budget.
As a member of the TNRD Management team, this position requires a high level of professionalism providing leadership and direction to the Building Services team by planning, assigning, supervising, guiding and reviewing their daily work.
Required Education and Experience:
- Completed diploma in building technology, engineering or a related field combined with a minimum of 10 years of building inspection experience
- Work experience must include at least 2 years at a formal supervisory/leadership level
- BOABC Level 3 Certification
- Thorough working knowledge of BC Building & Plumbing Codes; building permitting industry practices, building construction techniques, and supporting inspection staff
- Local government management experience is strongly preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills in team leadership and development, including demonstrated ability to resolve workplace and interpersonal issues
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical information verbally and in writing
- Ability exercise sound judgement and high degree of tact and diplomacy at all times
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to solve complex technical problems
- Ability to analyze technical data and prepare comprehensive technical reports
This exempt position offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and enrolment in the Municipal Pension Plan. A Criminal Record Check is required for this position.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application to email@example.com by 4:00 on November 16, 2020 quoting Competition #2020-039.
Applications must include a cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications and experience.
Thank you for considering the Thompson-Nicola Regional District as a place to share your talents!
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source