The Corporation of the Village of Montrose
Chief Administrative Officer
The Organization: Village of Montrose
Montrose is a passionate, community-minded Village of 1,000 residents who enjoy a healthy lifestyle and great Municipal services. Located in the heart of the West Kootenays, surrounded by scenic mount ai ns, lakes and rivers, and excellent recreation and sports facilities, world class recreation is literally only a few short minutes away . Just a quick drive to the Cities of Rossland, Trail, Castlegar and Nelson, and only three hours from Kelowna, or two hours from Cranbrook and Spokane, Washington, big city amenities and international airports are within easy reach.
The Opportunity: Chief Administrative Officer
Due to the upcoming retirement of the current CAO, the Village is seeking a professional, community-minded Chief Administrative Officer to continue guiding the Village towards its goals of maintaining a high quality of life and continuing to provide excellent services to its residents.
Under the direction of Mayor and Council, the Chief Administrative Officer is responsible for the overall management of operations for the Village of Montrose, ensuring that the policies, programs, and strategic plans of Council are implemented, that the bylaws of the Village and relevant Acts of the Province are upheld, and the Village’s five-year financial plan is annually developed and administered.
We are looking for a team-orientated leader who has excellent communication skills and deals professionally and respectfully with the public, staff , Council, and other levels of government. The successful candidate will need to have a deep understanding of the challenges and issues facing small communities and will have the skills necessary in meeting those challenges.
This position will also assume the responsibilities of the following: Chief Financial Officer, Corporate Officer and Approving Officer.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree or Diploma in Public Administration, or a degree in a related discipline, ie., planning , business, law, etc.
- Minimum of five years of progressive municipal or regional district governance experience at a management level.
- Excellent proven interpersonal and verbal/written skills to interact with the community, Council, staff , and other levels of government .
- Superior leadership and human resource skills.
- Experience with long-term strategic planning and the ability to identify opportunities and emerging trends in local government environments.
- Business acumen and sound comprehension of financial management including financial statements and reporting, and the ability to develop, deliver and administer the Village’s annual financial plan.
- Ability to identify, plan and manage complex and diverse projects and work effectively with general and specialized project contractors and engineers.
- Possess general experience and skills in a wide variety of local government responsibilities.
- Understanding of the current legal environment in which local government operates including the Local Government Act, the Community Charter, related statutes, laws, regulations, and precedents respecting local government, including the ability to interpret regulations, legislation, policies, procedures, and bylaws.
In exchange, we offer a competitive salary a comprehensive benefits package and one of the best locations in BC to live and recreate .
How to apply:
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and three references, in confidence, by 4:00pm, Monday, March 22, 2021 to:
Village of Montrose
P. O. Box 510,
Montrose, BC V0G lP0
Attention – Larry Plotnikoff, CAO
The Village thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
View Original Source Source