Chief Administrative Officer
The Town of Oliver is seeking an experienced Chief Administrative Officer to provide support to Mayor and Council in facilitating the formulation of its strategic direction for the future and advising on all high priority and high profile matters pertaining to municipal operations.
Known as Canada’s Wine Capital, Oliver is home to 4,928 permanent residents and supports a trading area of 9,000. Oliver’s labour force, social services, infrastructure, lifestyle alternatives and recreational assets provide for a healthy community and a strong base for sustained growth.
The Chief Administrative Officer will lead the management team, providing guidance and policy direction to continually improve systems, practices and people development. Besides inspiring, mentoring, coaching, and developing a positive corporate culture, the Chief Administrative Officer assumes the responsibility of managing the day-to-day affairs of the Town.
This position facilitates appropriate lines of communication between Council, staff, governments, its union, boards and associations. The successful candidate will possess proven leadership in a local government environment and managing the business affairs of a municipality in accordance with the responsibilities outlined in legislation, bylaws and policies.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-secondary education in public administration or a related discipline from a recognized institution or a senior executive certificate in Local Government Management in British Columbia.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in local government management.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation and local government best practices.
- An ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups including elected officials, staff and a variety of other organizations and members of the public.
- Exceptional political acumen and advocates for diplomacy in all local government business.
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills in managing human resources matters.
- Knowledge of community development and project management processes.
This executive position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For more information on the Town, visit https://oliver.ca/. Qualified candidates interested in this exciting career opportunity are invited to submit their resume in PDF format quoting Competition No. 21-01EU by 4:00pm on Thursday, February 25, 2021 to:
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen Human Resources Department
101 Martin Street, Penticton, BC V2A 5J9
Tel: 250-492-0237 Fax: 250-492-0063 Email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source