Cemetery Services Clerk I (Reposted)
The District of West Vancouver is seeking a permanent part-time Cemetery Services Clerk I to provide clerical support at Capilano View Cemetery. This position involves a wide variety of clerical tasks including but not limited to processing and maintaining records, composing routine correspondence, and responding to public inquiries and customer-service needs. This position requires accuracy, attention to detail, strong keyboard skills, good math skills, and the ability to multi-task.
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Receiving and responding to requests to purchase various interment options; discussing interment arrangements, marker options, ornamentation policies, and fees with families and other parties;
- Accepting payment and processing the sale of interment options according to the Fees and Charges Bylaw and the Cemetery Bylaw;
- Preparing invoices and issuing Rights of Interment, receipts and related paperwork;
- Reviewing permit applications and issuing various permits;
- Scheduling burials, marker settings, and related activities;
- Assisting in the preparation, processing, and maintaining of a large volume of records, files, and accounts pertaining to department activities;
- Supplying information and assistance to external and internal contacts related to Cemetery matters;
- Develops, revises and/or implements work methods, forms and procedures;
- Makes recommendations for revisions to the bylaw, policy and fee schedule;
- Resolving routine complaints and referring policy or complex matters to a superior;
- Supporting the full-time Cemetery Services Clerk on day to day items;
- Performing related work as required.
This is a part-time position. The successful candidate will have: completion of grade 12 school supplemented by courses related to the work, plus considerable related experience and knowledge of the bylaws, regulations, policies and procedures applicable to the work performed; or an equivalent combination of training and experience; and the ability to deal effectively, courteously, and compassionately with grieving or upset clientele in supplying information and in explaining bylaws and regulations related to the work. Familiarity with the Cremation, Interment and Funeral Services Act and willingness to learn new systems are considered assets. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
The successful candidate is required to supply a police information check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the class specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department and on WestNet.
WVMEA (Union) – Permanent, Part-time
Hours of Work:
21 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$25.82 per hour
11:59 pm on Sunday, February 7, 2021
Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers; we do not accept resumes via email, mail, fax, or in person.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source