The City of Nelson is currently recruiting casual staff to assist our team of professionals in the Operations Department. The successful applicant(s) will provide relief coverage on an as and where needed basis.
Under the supervision of the Public Works & Parks or Utilities Supervisor and/or direction of the Lead Hand, the Labourer assists with labouring duties associated with municipal infrastructure.
- Grade 12 or GED (General Equivalency Diploma)
- Valid Class 3 BC Driver’s License with air endorsement
Preference will be given to applicants who have some or all of the following qualifications, skills and abilities.
- Level A certification, Excavator, Loader and Backhoe
- Level 1 or 2 Water Distribution Certification
- Level 1 or 2 Wastewater Collection Certification
- Level 1 or 2 Wastewater Treatment Certification
- Experience working with Water Distribution
- Experience working with Wastewater Collection
- Level 1 First Aid
- Cement Finishing / Form Setting
As a casual employee, you may be asked to work in a variety of positions offered within the CUPE Collective Agreement, depending on your qualifications, abilities and experience.
In return, the City of Nelson offers a rate of pay of $29.98 (July 2019 rates) and an additional 12% pay in lieu of statutory holidays, annual vacations, health and welfare benefits, premiums and paid leave such as sick leave. The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement.
In keeping with the Criminal Records Review Act, this position will require a Criminal Records check including a Vulnerable Sector search as a condition of employment prior to starting work with the City of Nelson.
Interested applicants should reference #20CU32 and submit their covering letter and resume by December 23, 2020 to:
City of Nelson
101-310 Ward Street
Nelson, BC V1L 5S4
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted. The City of Nelson is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
View Original Source Source