Requisition ID: 32030
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation has Auxiliary seasonal opportunities for employment as a Cashier in various Golf Clubhouse and Pitch & Putt locations. The successful candidate must be able to work a variety of days and shifts including evenings and weekends. The Cashiers’ main responsibility will be for the delivery of exceptional customer service to our golf patrons. Cashiers at the Clubhouses will be responsible for providing food and beverage cashiering services including delivering and clearing meals, cashiering transactions and general restaurant cleaning and maintenance. Cashiers at the Pitch and Putts will be responsible for club rentals and selling tee times. Cashiers may also perform golf cart attendant duties such as delivering food and beverage cart service.
Specific Duties and Responsabilities
Cashiering duties include customer service, payment processing (including credit cards) and making change, and ensuring accurate cash handling procedures are followed. The Clubhouse Cashier will take and communicate orders to the kitchen, deliver food and beverage orders to customers, and maintain front of house cleanliness by clearing dishes, cleaning counters, and arranging and cleaning tables. They also will assist in setting up, facilitate, and tearing down Special Events and confirms that strict adherence to provincial rules around the service of alcohol within the licensed area of the clubhouse is being followed.
The hours can range from 7:00am to 10:30pm. The successful candidate must be able to work a variety of days and shifts including morning, afternoon, evenings and weekends. The successful candidate must be also available to work at multiple locations.
Please note that this position is an Auxiliary position which runs until October 2021, with the possibility of extension.
Education and Experience
- Completion of Grade 11, preferably supplemented by some cashier experience
- Experience in serving food and beverages and working in an outdoor environment is preferred
- Experience working in a similar unionized Food and Beverage team environment is an asset
- Food Safe Certification is required for Clubhouse position
- Serving it Right Certification is an asset
- Valid Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Some knowledge of cashiering and retail sales methods and practices
- Some knowledge of basic food preparation and serving duties and of health standards and regulations
- Knowledge or previous experience in a horticultural or Golf Course Environment preferred
- Previous hospitality experience including customer service, POS experience, stocking, and inventory an asset
- Ability to receive payments and make change accurately and promptly
- Ability to use computer software applications related to cashiering, program registration and memberships
- Ability to perform applicable food service and preparation and/or retail sales tasks
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to deal courteously with the public
- Ability to maintain minor clerical records
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20kg
Driver License and Record Checks:
- A current and valid BC Driver’s License is preferred.
- The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities.
- Transportation arrangements must meet operational requirements of the Department.
Business Unit/Department: Board of Parks & Recreation (1400)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Parks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: August, 2021
Position End Date: October, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-011: $22.53 to $26.34 per hour
Number of Positions: Multiple
Application Close: July 23, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source