Requisition ID: 21423
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function:
Carnegie Community Centre serves as an important resource to Vancouver’s diverse Downtown Eastside community. Patrons participate in educational, recreational, cultural and social programming; enjoy the delicious low cost food offered at the cafeteria; or simply enjoy the Centre as the living room of the Downtown Eastside.
This position is responsible for the delivery of essential food services at Carnegie Community Centre in a professional and welcoming manner, with or without the assistance of volunteers. Customer service is a key element in this position.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Specific duties include:
- assisting in food preparation, including preparing and packaging catering orders and light meals.
- Operating the concession point of sale and cash accounts records; serving customers.
- Training and supervising concession volunteers; ensuring the concession is properly stocked.
- Cleaning and maintaining cleaning and hygiene standards, including maintaining the cleaning and health and safety standards required due to COVID-19; conducting cash-outs; and assisting kitchen staff in cleaning, receiving deliveries and other related duties as required.
- Requires an ability to work with volunteers, patrons and other staff in a respectful and supportive manner, understanding their needs, and providing constructive advice or direction as appropriate.
- Completion of Grade 11 and preferably one year experience in commercial kitchen, catering or food service operations, including operating a cash register and providing food services to customers, with cooking school training and/or other retail work related experience.
- Working knowledge of concession operations is required.
- Working knowledge of sanitation, public health and kitchen safety standards as applied to the serving, storage and preparation of food.
- Experience in dealing with a broad spectrum of customers and a demonstrated focus on customer service is required
- Experience in working with and training volunteers an asset.
- Cashier/Kitchen Attendants must have strong people skills, be energetic and motivated team players, and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Physically able work several hours in a standing position and lift moderately heavy weights (10-12 kg).
- Food Safe Level 1 or ability to obtain is a requirement.
A Police Record Check clearance is a requirement of these positions. A Clearance requires the absence of any criminal charges or convictions related to this position.
Business Unit/Department: Community Services (1200)
Affiliation: CUPE Non Pks
Employment Type: Auxiliary
Position Start Date: October 15, 2020
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-012: $22.48 to $26.36 per hour
Application Close: September 27, 2020
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source