Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Parks and Recreation
NO. OF POSITIONS:
Up to 5
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
4 -15 hours per week
$21.66-$25.32 per hour + 12% in lieu of benefits & vacation
Canada Games Pool is seeking outgoing, friendly “go-getters”, who thrive in a fast paced and hectic work environment, to perform cashier, registration and customer service duties. Your job duties include registration, cashiering, answering telephones, and providing information and assistance to the public.
These positions generally work a 4-7 hour shift, two to three times per week, including days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays. Flexibility is a must as shift schedules will vary from week to week. Shifts can start as early as 5:15 a.m. and end as late as 10:15 p.m.
These shifts are scheduled for Canada Games Pool and may also support cashier attendant coverage at other recreation facilities, including Centennial Community Centre, Moody Park Arena, Parks & Recreation Administration Office, Century House & Queensborough Community Centre.
If you have the following qualifications and attributes, we want to hear from you!
- Completion of Grade 12 (or equivalent), supplemented by sound related customer service and cash attendant experience.
- Sound knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, grammar as well as business math principles.
- Knowledge and experience in PerfectMind and POS systems would be a preferred asset.
- Knowledge and experience in Tempest and JD Edwards would be an asset.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public, other employees and officials in supplying information and assistance; and provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to maintain sustained attention to detail and to make arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to assist in preparing, organizing and administering registration procedures, to perform telephone operation, cashier and receptionist duties.
- Ability to perform filing, clerical and incidental typing duties related to the work.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as POS systems and computers.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check
To apply for these positions, please send your resume quoting competition #20-67 by October 9, 2020 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to email@example.com.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
View Original Source Source