Requisition ID: 31955
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The Case Manager I will work with assigned departments / employee groups to oversee non-complex workers’ compensation and non-occupational disability management cases. With a customer service focus, the incumbent will ensure non-complex disabilities are managed in an effective, timely and cost effective manner.
Key Contacts and Reporting Relationships
This position requires interaction with a diverse group of people including, but not limited to, managers, supervisors, unions, physicians, insurers, WorkSafeBC and other groups and/ or individuals. The incumbent will report to a Manager of Organizational Health and Safety.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively manage non-complex occupational and non-occupational disabilities
- Identify errors in WCB law and/or policy
- Develop and coordinate basic suitable return to work plans
- Complete and submit WorkSafe BC Employer Reports of Injury
- Determine , present and support the City’s position with respect to benefit entitlement
- Represent and/or support the City in the appeal process and/or grievances as required
- Work closely with management, unions and employees to ensure appropriate timely return to work occurs
- Implement basic early intervention strategies for an employee’s quick recovery and return to work
- Liaise with physicians and other health care professionals
- Maintain regular contact with injured/ill employees with a focus on reducing time loss durations
- Work with WorkSafe BC to ensure the Board is proactive and complies with legislation
- Dealing with overpayments, WorkSafeBC errors, subrogation and other administrative case management functions.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma and at least one year of experience in a similar role or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid Driver’s Licence
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated track record of managing disabilities and absenteeism.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement.
- Ability to listen non-judgementally to information presented.
- Ability to deal with emotions of people using sensitivity, tact and empathy.
- Ability to make unpopular decisions that may have a negative financial consequence.
- A good understanding of medical terminology.
- An aptitude to provide an outstanding experience for clients.
- Proven decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform functions of the position with minimal supervision.
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management, negotiation and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong diplomacy skills with an ability to be flexible and also give and take direction well.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Excellent documentation and time management skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills
Business Unit/Department: Human Resources (1020)
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: August, 2021
Position End Date: January, 2022
Application Close: July 25, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source