Main Purpose of the Job:
To assist the Employer, who has a physical disability, on a daily basis via attendant services and duties.
The Employer & case managers
1. Willingness to perform personal and household tasks.
2. Ability to work with g-tube feeding equipment . Ability to understand my non-verbal communication
3. Punctuality, reliability, and dependability.
4. Ability to work cooperatively with the Employer, other members of the household, and with other employees.
5. Good communication skills, both oral and written, and ability to accurately follow directions from the Employer & case managers
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality and to be worthy of the trust required to provide personal services in the Employer’s
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide services as required and directed by the Employer, including, but not limited to, the following:
(a) Mobility assistance with transferring, lifting, positioning, turning in bed, exercising, driving.
(b) Assistance with dressing and undressing, eating, medications, special equipment, toileting or bowel and bladder routines.
(c) Personal hygiene assistance with washing, bathing, showering, shaving, brushing teeth, grooming, care of skin, changing dressings if needed.
(d) Assistance with communications, errands, escorting, shopping, banking.
(e) Housekeeping assistance with meal preparation, dishwashing, laundry, shopping, and chores, including but not limited to dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, changing sheets, and cleaning the fridge, stove, bathroom, closets, drawers and cupboards.
(f) Assistance with maintaining and ordering supplies.
(g) Maintenance and upkeep for personal and household equipment and appliances.
(h) Other similar tasks that would be performed by one from time to time were it not for a physical disability.
(j) Gardening, snow removal from the front walkway, dog poop clean up in backyard.
2. Provide services in the home and elsewhere, consistent with the Employer’s choices, lifestyle, and privacy.
3. Respond immediately to emergencies (such as washroom assistance or injury, and advise the Employer of other unusual or emergency situations.
4. Be aware of and report any hazards concerning employee health and safety to the Employer promptly.
5. Record the date and time starting and ending each shift.
6. Perform other duties as requested.
7. Record what happens during your shift in the app, complete timesheets and what chores were completed.
1. To carry out the above duties in a professional manner.
2. To know the Employer’s personal routines and follow them efficiently and with appropriate care.
3. To arrive for work punctually (10 minutes prior to your shift) and to remain on duty until essential activities have been completed and the next employee has arrived, and the Employer is comfortable and safe.
4. To conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the health and safety of the Employer, other members of the household, other staff and yourself.
5. To be able to perform certain tasks without direct supervision.
6. To dress in a clean and presentable manner, but not scrubs.
· Education Required: PWS Diploma
· Credentials: First Aid, Medical Experience (PSW, Nurse, Nursing Student)
· Experience: 6-12 Months
· Other Requirements: MUST Have a Valid Driver’s License and your OWN CAR INSURANCE
· Languages: English
· Type of Client: Persons with a Disability
Sections which may need to be referenced are listed below:
· Strength Guidelines
o Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
· Motion Parameters
o Must be able to boost me in bed and wheelchair .
· Vision and Hearing Requirements
o Must have good hearing and vision in order to assist me accurately
· Psychological Demands
o An employee is expected to make a quick decision in situations that could be putting my life in danger.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Casual
Healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
You would be paid $20 training rate for the first 20 hours – and an opportunity for us to see if we can work together / a “hands-on” type of interview, after which the wages would be 25$\Hr
View Original Source Source