Capital Works and Construction Technologist II
Position Status: Full-Time Regular
Department: Water Services
Employee Group: GVRDEU
Location: LakeCity Operations Centre
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: $3,185.60 bi-weekly plus 6.25% deferred compensation
Our Water Services Department is seeking a Capital Works and Construction Technologist II who will be an active and engaged member of our in-house Construction Team. You will be a dynamic problem-solver who can navigate unique challenges and provide solutions within a collaborative environment.
You are self-motivated, detail oriented, and have a good working knowledge of utility construction practices. You combine these strengths with a strong sense of professionalism and have a good understanding of the safety requirements within the underground utilities industry. You work well with others and have a history of fostering respectful team environments.
This role: (The duties described hereunder are intended to be representative of the position and are not to be considered all inclusive.)
- Assures that all workmanship and material is in accordance with the drawings and specifications.
- Responsible for assisting in the planning, organizing, coordinating and scheduling of work for construction projects.
- Ensure projects meet all safety requirements.
- Arrange for, and administer, the acquisition of materials and equipment with support from the Purchasing Department.
- Coordinate inspection requirements with the Survey and Inspection Department as required.
- Develop and administer tender documents for construction materials, services and equipment.
- Develop the “Engineers Estimate” for water and sewer projects as and when required.
- Prepare cost estimates for construction projects as and when required.
- Prepare cost estimates for construction projects and monitor construction budgets.
- Prepare and submit “as constructed” drawing when required.
- Develop and process various permit applications
- Coordinate the implementation and management of the proposed “GVRD Job Site Recycling Program” at Construction Division work sites.
To be successful, you have:
- Graduation from an Institute of Technology Diploma program (2 year) in Construction or Engineering technology with a minimum six years related experience in municipal construction OR an equivalent combination of training and related work experience.
- Membership or eligibility for membership as a Technologist or Technician with the Association of Applied Science
- Formal training in record keeping and computer software such as MS Project, MS Office and other related software supplemented with courses in surveying, construction technology, water and sewer works, drafting, welding, corrosion protection, report writing, supervisory skills, cost estimating, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, coordinate and maintain an effective working relationship with a variety of personnel within the E&C and O&M Departments, and external contacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with the ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing.
- Sound knowledge WCB Regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of GVRD corporate contracting, purchasing and safety policies.
- Sound knowledge and interpretation of contract law.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to undertake additional training relating to the duties of the position.
- Current B.C. Driver’s License.
- Able to obtain a Health Certificate for Watershed Entry.
- Technologists and Technicians of B.C. is preferred.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by December 31, 2020.
View Original Source Source