District of Peachland
Bylaw Enforcement & Licensing Officer
The District of Peachland, a vibrant and growing community of approximately 5,400 located on the shores of Okanagan Lake between Kelowna and Penticton, is currently recruiting for a permanent full-time Bylaw Enforcement & Licensing Officer.
Reporting to the Director of Planning & Development Services, this position has overall responsibility of investigating complaints of bylaw infractions and enforcement of municipal bylaws and regulations, in addition to the administration of the business license program and conduct enforcement for various other licensing programs.
A detailed job description and qualifications are available at www.peachland.ca under careers.
Duties of the Bylaw Enforcement & Licensing Officer relate to a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Business license administration and enforcement;
- Records and responds to inquiries and complaints from the public, outside agencies, and other District departments regarding bylaw issues; and
- Follow up to complaints, issue recommendations and orders for remediation of violations, ensures compliance with directives.
- Communicate effectively with the public, business community, contractors and developers, regarding bylaw enforcement matters, permits and licenses; and
- Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills to deal tactfully with the public
- Completion of recognized Bylaw Enforcement and Investigative Skills Certificate (ie. Justice Institute Level I and II program, or recognized equivalent)
- Valid and unrestricted BC Class 5 drivers license
- Clean Criminal Record Check
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in investigation and/or law enforcement work, preferably in unionized local government environment; or an equivalent combination of relevant education, training and experience.
- 2 years of administrative experience or an equivalent combination, training and experience.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
The is a CUPE Local 608 position with a comprehensive benefits package and a rate of $33.81 per hour.
Please submit resumes indicating “Bylaw Enforcement & Licensing Officer” with cover letter by 4:00 p.m. December 4th, 2020 to:
Director of Corporate Services
District of Peachland
5806 Beach Avenue
Peachland, B.C. V0H 1X7
The District of Peachland appreciates all interested in the position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source