Bylaw Enforcement & Animal Control Officer
2 Year Term
Are you a natural? Become one of the Village of Pemberton’s most valuable natural resources – our people.
Situated in a lush valley surrounded by stunning mountain vistas, Pemberton is one of the most desirable communities in BC, offering big outdoor adventure with a small-town atmosphere. Located in the
traditional territory of the Lil’wat Nation, Pemberton has a strong agricultural heritage, offers mild winters and warm summers, and a young, vibrant community. In addition to world-class skiing, biking, hiking and camping, enjoy arts, culture and unique local shops and eateries.
What you’ll be doing:
Under the direction of the Manager of Corporate & Legislative Services, the Term Bylaw Enforcement & Animal Control Officer is responsible for monitoring compliance to Village bylaws and regulations. This position involves regular patrolling of the Village and extensive contact with the community, with a focus on public education.
This position assumes enforcement duties to ensure compliance with animal control, parking and other Village regulations as required. As a front-line representative of the Village, a key component of this role is to inform the public and maintain positive relationships within the community. Administrative duties, such as report, and letter writing may also be required.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Receives, prioritizes, and investigates complaints regarding alleged infractions of the Village of Pemberton’s Regulatory bylaws and Animal Control Bylaw and takes the appropriate action.
- Proactively patrols the Village to detect violations of Municipal bylaws and Animal Control Bylaw.
- Informs and educates bylaw violators of the nature of the bylaw offence, and actively seeks to resolve disputes or infractions informally to gain voluntary compliance.
- Issues Warning Notices of Violation, Bylaw Offence Notices, and Municipal Ticket Information’s, Orders to Comply, Court Orders and requests Warrants.
What you’ve got:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Two year enforcement related experience with a minimum of two years’ experience in the care and handling of animals in an institutional setting.
- Bylaw Compliance, Enforcement and Investigative Skills Certificate Program Level 1 and 2 and a certificate in Animal Control Basic Training from a recognized institution.
If you’re ready for an opportunity to join a small team to make a big difference, let’s talk. Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume by Sunday, February 21st, 2021 via e-mail to email@example.com. For a full job description and to learn more about the Village of Pemberton, please visit www.pemberton.ca.
View Original Source Source