Bylaw, Compliance & Enforcement Officer
(Part-Time) (0.6 FTE)
October 14, 2020
We are the third largest regional district in BC and deliver over 100 services to six municipalities and eight electoral areas. Our region covers more than 13,000 km2 stretching from the City of Abbotsford to Boston Bar. For more information about the FVRD, please visit our website at www.fvrd.ca.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, independent individual to fill the part-time positon of Bylaw, Compliance and Enforcement Officer. Under the direction of the Manager of Inspection Services you will work as part of a team responsible for permits and bylaw enforcement throughout the Fraser Valley Regional District. The scope of work for this position includes reviewing permit applications for compliance, and investigating and resolving bylaw complaints.
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. We believe in lifelong learning and are committed to providing and supporting training and professional development opportunities for our staff. If you have a positive, can-do attitude and a keen sense of humour, you will fit right in. Bring your positive energy, ambition and desire to learn, and we`ll take care of the rest.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Post-Secondary education in Criminology and/or have completed the Bylaw and Investigative Skills course (Level 1) as offered by the Justice Institute of B.C.; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Working knowledge of inspectional and investigative work;
- Working knowledge of standard planning, building and engineering nomenclature, practices and methods;
- Able to quickly acquire a superior knowledge of the bylaws and regulations of the Regional District and the applicable sections of the Local Government Act and Community Charter;
- Ability to deal diplomatically with the public;
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including skills in conflict resolution;
- Must be in possession of a valid Driver’s Licence.
The start rate for this part-time union position is $30.62 per hour plus 10.6% in lieu of benefits, and upon successful completion of the required probationary period the wage will increase to $36.02 per hour plus either 10.6% in lieu of benefits, or if eligible, participation in the benefit program.
If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2020-48 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on November 6, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
5950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source