City of Surrey
Business Applications Supervisor (IT Supervisor)
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
Reporting to the IT Business Applications Manager the IT Business Applications Supervisor will supervise and direct the work of a technology focused team and facilitate the achievement of the areas’ goals.
CUPE Local 402 – Project (up to 2 years).
- Supervise and direct the work of staff.
- Allocate work, check work, provide advice and feedback, train staff, and meet deadlines.
- Gather data and use metrics to help drive work and achieve objectives.
- Primarily focus on the support and sustainment of applications (Incidents, Tasks and Enhancements).
- Interact with staff from other teams (i.e. Project Managers, Functional Analysts, business staff).
- Manage working relationships with external contacts that interact with the team.
- Act as a lead for the delivery of small initiatives or enhancements.
- Exercise a high degree of judgement to adapt and apply procedures to address and resolve unusual problem situations.
- Ensure the team adheres to general policies, practices and methods.
- Have the ability to explain complex issues to a wide variety of audiences including non-IT people
- Degree in information or business systems from a recognized institution, six years in an IT or Project Management role plus two years supervisory experience. An equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience may be considered.
- Proven expertise with the following soft skills:
- Conflict resolution
- Critical thinking
- Interpersonal skills
- Time and priority management
- Problem solving
- Working knowledge of one or more enterprise applications from a business process perspective.
- Completion of a Police Information Check.
If you’re interested in this position, please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3679 by February 12, 2021.
View Original Source Source