Business Applications Software Specialist
We are seeking a Business Applications Software Specialist to join our Information Systems team. The Business Applications Software Specialist is responsible for a full life-cycle (analysis, development, implementation, testing, integration, deployment and maintenance) of Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) business application software and infrastructure. Reporting to the Manager of Business Applications and Client Services, the primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Collaborating with CVRD departments in the creation of business process flow diagrams, business requirement documentation and business test scripts for applications being developed;
- Setting direction on connectivity of software, evaluating system performance and effectiveness, and providing ongoing implementation and support for agreed IT solutions;
- Consulting with business units regarding process and performance issues;
- Providing technical support for any existing or new enterprise level applications (SharePoint, Landuse, MARS, Cityworks CMMS, iMap etc.);
- Providing database administration for Icity (Vadim), Cityworks, ArcGIS, HRIS, Landuse, MARS and SharePoint servers and maintaining, updating, and providing customized solutions to support business applications;
- Providing excellent customer service by responding promptly to technical support and service requests;
- Working with business application users and departments to develop customized queries and reports;
- Working with vendors to resolve complex business application and data integration related problems;
- Providing effective training to clients on the use of business applications;
- Developing strong internal customer relationships.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Well-versed in the techniques and tools pertaining to the design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of IT solutions;
- Current in new technology, trends and industry initiatives;
- Motivated with the ability to plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines under pressure;
- A strong communicator with excellent customer service skills and demonstrated success providing training and technical support to a diverse client group;
- Current in project management principles with strong research and writing skills;
- A creative problem solver with the ability to troubleshoot, resolve concerns and provide customized solutions;
- Educated in computer science (or related) at the post-secondary level (Bachelor’s Degree) with over two up to three years of progressive experience in the information technology field focusing on application design, development, support and implementation; OR a two year technology diploma in computer systems, with four to five years progressive experience;
- An advanced to expert user of Microsoft Office and MS SharePoint platforms;
- An advanced programmer with a combination of C#, Visual Basic, Visual Studio, ASP.net and SQL experience;
- Experienced with Crystal reports including building customized queries;
- Proficient with Microsoft Power BI tools;
- Understanding of GIS and ArcGIS including integration with other software;
- Familiar with Cisco VOIP phone systems to support voicemail, and remote calling applications;
- Certified in Microsoft Solutions and Microsoft SQL Server Database with a Class 5 Driver’s License;
- Other preferred qualifications include: CC Certified Data Management Pro (ICCP CDMP), C# Programming, ITIL 4 Foundation Certificate.
This is a CUPE Local 556 position with a wage rate of $38.05 per hour (interim rating). To review the complete job description and to apply go to www.comoxvalleyrd.ca/jobs.
The closing date for this position is January 18, 2021 at 3:00 pm. Applications for available positions with the CVRD must be received prior to the indicated closing date and time. We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Comox Valley Regional District is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals.
View Original Source Source