Business Analyst II #285
Closing Date: February 18, 2021
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for a Temporary, Full-Time Business Analyst II to join the Corporate Services team at the City of Kamloops until approximately September, 2022 or pending return of incumbent! This position performs analysis, project definition and scoping, process design, and implementation work involving information technology. This position is also responsible for conducting client interviews and briefings to prepare project plans and budgets, leading projects and work plans, and writing and presenting business plans, as well as acting as a key liaison between the Information Technology Division and subject matter experts across the organization.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Identifies opportunities for the application of information technologies either by obtaining new technology or by making better use of existing systems.
- Analyzes, documents, and improves business processes across the organization.
- Analyzes and documents processes that involve technology and recommends the most appropriate solution.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with client departments.
- Prepares and presents cost/benefit analyses, project plans, and budgets.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of senior secondary school or its equivalent.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in Information Technology, Business, Sciences or Engineering.
- Completion of a minimum of four courses that are recognized in an accredited Business Analysis or Project Management Certificate Program.
- Minimum three years’ previous experience in Business Analysis with enterprise applications, including project management, application life cycle support, and systems architecture.
Please note that this is a temporary position until approximately September 2022, or the return of the incumbent.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check. A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
CUPE Inside 14
Hours & Days of Work
Monday – Friday:
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (winter)
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (summer)
A maximum of five shifts per month can be changed to either:
6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Hours per Week
City of Kamloops -> Corporate Services -> Information Technology
Business Analysis Services Manager
February 18, 2021
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.
View Original Source Source