Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Building Service Worker – Anvil Centre
DEPARTMENT: Office of CAO – Anvil Centre
NO. OF POSITIONS:One
UNION: CUPE 387
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours / week*
SALARY: $45,864 – $53,671 annually plus benefits (2019 rates)
Anvil Centre, the showpiece civic facility located in the heart of the downtown New Westminster. Anvil Centre encompasses 84,000-square feet of interior space and includes: conference and meeting facilities, banquet/event spaces, a theatre, art gallery and art studios, gift shop, the City’s Museum and
Archives, the Canadian Lacrosse Hall of Fame, Tourism New Westminster’s visitor information, restaurant and retail space. Details and links on this facility can be found at www.anvilcentre.com.
The City is seeking a motivated Building Service Worker to perform a variety of routine maintenance and custodial duties at the Anvil Centre civic facility. Duties will include sweeping, vacuuming, waxing and polishing floors, hallways and related areas; washing hand basins, sinks and toilets; cleaning windows, doors, shelves and other surfaces; cleaning and sweeping steps and clearing snow and ice around the building; operating, cleaning and minor servicing of automatic heating, and ventilation units; performing minor maintenance, repair and painting; ensuring building security and providing assistance to the public; completing logbooks and other written materials; and other related work as required.
- Grade 12 supplemented by a Building Service Worker Certificate and at least one year of related janitorial experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Working knowledge of the materials, methods, tools and equipment used in janitorial work including WHMIS training.
- Knowledge of the principles of operating automatic heating and ventilation units.
- Ability to perform simple and routine building repair and maintenance tasks.
- Ability to adhere to an established work schedule under minimal instruction and supervision.
- Ability to lift and move furniture and equipment and perform set ups and take downs for program activities.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Skill in the use and care of cleaning and maintenance equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts, and to employ contemporary service excellence principles at work.
- Ability to pass and maintain a satisfactory Police Information Check.
*Applicants must be available to work day, evening and/or weekend shifts.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #20-98 by January 15, 2021, to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: 604-527-4619 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
View Original Source Source