Building Service Worker
Competition # 20-094
Status: Auxiliary – CUPE
Salary: $27.88 per hour
Closing: October 12, 2020
Come grow with us! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication & great customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you
This is manual work performing routine janitorial, housekeeping and custodial tasks on an assigned shift. An employee of this class, after initial instruction, engages in these duties in and around the Municipal recreation facilities. Duties are performed under general supervision and performance is reviewed and evaluated in terms of effective janitorial and related services rendered. Employee promptly reports any cleaning or maintenance problems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Completion of the 10th school grade plus experience in custodial work supplemented by Building Service Worker certificate or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the safety precautions, materials, methods, tools and equipment used in janitorial work.
- Knowledge of the custodial procedures required to maintain facilities in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Some knowledge of routine building maintenance and minor repair tasks.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on assigned shifts and deal effectively with user groups and the general public.
- Ability to write simple records and reports.
- Ability to plan work in order to complete tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Sufficient education to be able to effectively understand oral and written instructions.
- Sufficient physical strength and coordination to permit performance of heavy manual work indoors and outdoors in all weather.
LICENCES & CERTIFICATES:
Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
We are looking for a team player with good interpersonal skills; good communication skills; and an ability to pay attention to details. The successful incumbent will be required to complete a criminal record search. Applicants must be available to work a variety of shifts. Hours of work are governed by Schedule “B” Notes: (E), (H), (Q).
HOURS OF WORK:
This is an auxiliary position with no guarantee of hours.
View Original Source Source