Building and Bylaw Clerk
(Part-Time) (0.8 FTE)
October 14, 2020
We are the third largest regional district in BC and deliver over 100 services to six municipalities and eight electoral areas. Our region covers more than 13,000 km2 stretching from the City of Abbotsford to Boston Bar. For more information about the FVRD, please visit our website at www.fvrd.ca.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, independent individual to fill the part-time position of Building and Bylaw Clerk. Under the direction of the Manager of Inspection Services, you will work as part of a team and be responsible for providing excellent customer service; reliable administrative and technical support for the building, bylaw enforcement and other planning staff. This can include tracking a large number of documents and files through various processes, requiring attention to detail while working to deadlines; accepting, processing and tracking bylaw contravention complaints, and related documentation; conducting land title and corporate searches; compiling, entering and maintaining bylaw enforcement data and related documentation on tracking software; and coordinating the flow of documentation between planning, building, bylaw enforcement and administration staff.
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. We believe in lifelong learning and are committed to providing and supporting training and professional development opportunities for our staff. If you have a positive, can-do attitude and a keen sense of humour, you will fit right in. Bring your positive energy, ambition and desire to learn, and we`ll take care of the rest.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Post-secondary education, preferably a degree or diploma related to planning, building or engineering technology along with some relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Training or the ability to quickly learn how to use GIS and to read and interpret maps;
- Working knowledge or ability to quickly acquire knowledge of standard planning, building, and engineering nomenclature and processes;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, and must have good customer service skills with the ability to remain courteous, tactful and diplomatic in dealing with the public, and with difficult clients;
- Ability to interpret complex technical information, policies and procedures and explain them to the public;
- Excellent computer skills, with a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, and the ability to acquire a sound knowledge of electronic filing software;
- Must be in possession of a valid Driver’s Licence.
The start rate for this part-time union position is $24.17 per hour plus 10.6% in lieu of benefits, and upon successful completion of the required probationary period the wage will increase to $28.43 per hour plus either 10.6% in lieu of benefits, or if eligible, participation in the benefit program.
If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2020-49 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on November 6, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source