Before School Care Leader
Parks & Environmental Services – Panorama Recreation
Hours of Work
Up to 25 hours bi-weekly (Monday to Friday: 6:45am – 9:15am)
Rate of Pay
$23.91 per hour (plus 14% in lieu of benefits)
Review of applications begins
Review of applications ongoing and will remain open until filled.
Term: Position runs September to June following the School District 63 calendar. Position will be based at Greenglade Community Centre, Sidney.
Under direct supervision of the Community Recreation Coordinator and Assistant, the Before School Care Leader is responsible for the implementation and delivery of licensed before school programming for school age children, Kindergarten to Grade 5
This position will ensure that participants are engaged, safe and provided with developmentally-appropriate programming. Duties will include: drop off of children to school, monthly activity planning, organization and execution of activities, and ensuring the safety and wellbeing of participants. The Before School Care Leader will work collaboratively with a Before School Care Assistant.
This position requires an acceptable criminal record check. The applicant/incumbent will be required to undergo a criminal record check in order to work in this position and to report to their supervisor if any criminal charges are laid against them that may be related to their employment in this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivers safe, successful, healthy and enjoyable licensed care for school age children.
- Daily classroom preparation, along with preparation and execution of planned activities.
- Provides learning and guidance to participants on appropriate behaviour during play and activities.
- Monthly activity planning, within an assigned budget – planning activities that are meaningful, engaging and age-appropriate, including arts and crafts, sports, cooperative games and dramatic play.
- Drop off of children to school via 24-passenger bus or on foot.
- Works collaboratively with a Before School Care Assistant.
- Delivers care and support with behaviour management, inclusion, first aid and other areas relating to caring for children.
- Ensures equipment and program spaces are safe and sanitary before and after each program session.
- Adheres to licensing requirements set forth by the Ministry of Children and Family Development.
- Acts as a liaison between the general public and CRD; providing good customer service and clear communication with parents and caregivers.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Class 4 driver’s license.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Experience leading and activity planning programs for school age children.
- At least 20 hours of education, workshops or professional development in health, recreation, child studies or equivalent.
- Current certification in Emergency First Aid with CPR-C.
- Familiarity with Ministry of Children and Family Development licensing regulations.
- Physically and psychologically capable of working with children.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source