- An exciting role for an experienced Backhoe Operator to work with a well-established construction company
- Challenge yourself and accelerate your career with an organization that wants to see you succeed
- Join a team that is committed to quality and safety
About McDonald & Ross Const. Ltd.
McDonald & Ross Const. Ltd. is located in Abbotsford, British Columbia and has been in the construction business since 1985. Our specialty is natural gas pipeline construction, but we are able to handle a diverse portfolio of projects including pipeline anomaly repairs, coal tar removal and recoating, directional drilling, in-stream works and bridge work, civil works/road construction, hydro tower excavations, station fabrication, aerial crossings and right of way maintenance projects.
Our strength is based on our years of experience in the construction industry and the development of excellent relationships with our clients. Our company is fully qualified, willing and able to take on a variety of construction projects. We have competent and highly knowledgeable managers, supervisors, heavy equipment operators, and excavator operators. Our operators are first class – capable of completing any task safely, efficiently and professionally.
We support this team by creating a positive company culture where everyone’s opinion is heard and valued. If this feels like an environment that you could build a career within then we want to hear from you!
About the Opportunity
McDonald & Ross Const. Ltd. is currently looking for an experienced Backhoe Operator to join our team in Abbotsford, B.C. on a full-time basis. You will be working on sites throughout the Lower Mainland.
While no two days will ever be the same in this pivotal role, your more typical responsibilities will include:
- Experience as a heavy equipment operator, specifically backhoe
- Performing periodical safety and maintenance checks to ensure proper functioning of the equipment
- Following standard operating procedures with an emphasis on safety
- Monitoring equipment performance, troubleshooting any mechanical problems, and completing operator reports
- Identifying and completing minor equipment repairs
- Being responsible for the safety of themselves and other workers and ensuring that unsafe conditions in the workplace are corrected immediately or reported to the supervisor
- Performing job site clean up as required
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you’ll need at least 3 years of experience working on civil projects, along with a broad understanding of civil construction, and a Class 1 Driver’s License. You are someone who is adaptable, and prioritizes safety at all times, with the ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with other team members.
As our ideal candidate, you’ll join us with excellent communication and relationship skills. Your strong interpersonal skills will combine with your technical knowledge and experience to ensure your success as you drive our projects forward while always taking care to ensure a high-quality result. Your dedication towards the work you do and your focus on safety will foster a positive working environment for the greater team.
Above all, you’ll be a self-motivated individual who’s keen to utilize their passion for construction while contributing to a growing company.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a competitive hourly rate based on skills and experience along with the following excellent package:
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Safety courses and training provided by the company
- Negotiable vacation starting with 4%
- Company provided pickup truck with a Tidy Tank for fuelling the machines
- Paid accommodations and travel if needed for jobs
- Huge opportunities for career progression and leadership
- Social activities – before COVID, we held frequent employee events, family fun days, and Christmas parties that we are eager to get back to!
Upon joining McDonald & Ross Const. Ltd., you’ll be welcomed into a family-like environment where open communication is valued at all levels.
This is a challenging and dynamic role within a team that prides itself on delivering fantastic results. If you believe you have what it takes, Apply Now!
McDonald & Ross Const. Ltd.
View Original Source Source